Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Knocking on The Door Again

Tuesday 23 October 2007

Three horses advised by the tipping lines, Jack Rolfe @ 3/1 was beaten just over a length by Warsaw Pact at Exeter. Then later in the afternoon I was on Maysarah at Lingfield, who drifted from the early 7/2 which I took to be 5/1 on the off. Finished 3rd beaten half a length and a short head, having been denied a clear run at a crucial stage and finishing fastest of all when the post came. So unlucky there again, but it's a £300 loss on the day from the tipsters.

Traded very well on Betfair today, with 20 winning races out of 24 and a profit of £208 after commission helping to offset the tipping line losers.


Loss on day £92

4 comments:

leonthefixer said...

hi mate thanks for the notes about you trading any chance you could send me another comment with your email address in? I won't publish it and I havn't posted your other comment incase you wanted it to be kept private.

leonthefixer

DIRKDIGGLER said...

jp , i see you backed jack rolfe in the race won by warsaw pact , how about the isiris advice on the race , did you back their selection ?
regards DD.

JP said...

Hi DD,

Yes I also backed Qualify in the race. Was in two minds about which way to go with my bets. As you say Mark was also against the favourite and I was given two to beat it, as well as Mark's opinion - thought about just laying Warsaw Pact but decided to follow the two tips in accordance with the staking plan I'm using.

Has this situation arisen much with yourself, if so how do you play it ?

DIRKDIGGLER said...

hi jp ,
i happens around 4/5 times a year , early on i tried to make my own judgement only to totally cock things up ! so i now treat every service on its own merits and feel this is the best course of action to take ,
regards , be lucky DD.