Friday, 12 October 2007

Learning The Lessons

Thursday 11 October 2007


More action from the tipping services today, which I will come to shortly.


Managed to make £69 trading the favourites after commission, but I should have done better. Lost £130 on one race because I didn't get out for a small loss before the off and had to take a much bigger one in running when the favourite immediately traded much shorter. Should have had at least £180 from my trades today, because I played well again apart from this one blunder.

I do trade in running on the horses from time to time, but theses trades are purely price movement trades and I need to be out green or red before the off. Schoolboy error !



A total of seven horses were advised to me by the various services I subscribe to, more than I would like on one day really but that will reduce when Isiris change their operations from the beginning of next month.

Summary of results as follows:-

The 4 Isiris horses included an 11/2 second and an 8/1 each way bet which finished a staying on 4th.

Elsewhere I backed Sturbury each way at Wincanton, who was hampered by two fallers half way round and eventually finished 5th, beaten only a length for a place.

Finally at Kempton I was on Inside Story each way at 13/2, and the horse got no run at all, finally getting out far too late and finishing 5th, beaten a length by the winner. Would probably have won with a clear run, but not to be.

A loss on the advised horses of £450, could have been so much better with any luck at all but thats the way things go.


Loss on day of £381

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by my blog (http://betrading100to100000.blogspot.com) and commenting. I have had a good read of your blog and have added a post about it. It is another one that I want to follow. I'll be adding you to my blog reading list. All the very best.

Richard