Saturday, 17 November 2007

Mixed Emotions

Saturday 17 November

A great day profit wise, but it was a dark day at Cheltenham with the terrible falls of Granit Jack and Willyanwoody and the loss of two great prospects for the future. I love the jumps game, but it can be very hard sometimes. Commiserations to the Paul Nicholls team.


On to Saturday's results - Optimum Racing advised a couple of ante-post bets on the Paddy Power Gold Cup, L'Antartique and Bob Hall, and it was L'Antartique just prevailing up the hill to land my 10/1 bet.

Henry Rix gave out three horses with Traprain a very impressive winner at Wetherby, also at 10/1. His other two horses were unplaced.

Mark Holder gave Lemon Mill at Cheltenham and he was third at 16/1, having briefly looked good turning for home and trading at even money on Betfair so I'm told.

Couple of other losers given by the other services, but a profit on the day of £1330.


Personally, I was doing well trading the favourites until I came unstuck on the 2.20 at Wetherby and had to bail out for a £57 loss. Packed it up once L'Antartique had won. Overall I made £14 trading the favourites, lost £25 by laying Traprain before the last to ensure a profit, made £41 on the NI / Denmark over 2.5 goals market, made £39 laying Israel at half time and backing them back at 1-1, but i dropped £50 on my football treble this afternoon wit Doncaster and Walsall letting me down. Profit on day £19.


Profit on day £1349

No comments: