Thursday, 15 November 2007

The Run Goes On

Thursday 15 November

Another great day for me with Optimum Racing doing the business advising a win bet on Dun Drinan, put the bet on early with Boylesports at 11/4 and once again benefited from their policy of guaranteeing the best price, returned an SP of 7/2.

Elsewhere Mark Holder gave out Lyster in the Ludlow 2.30, stayed on into third - got lucky here as Cresswell Willow had the race won when she came down at the last, so a bonus of a £50 pick up on the place.

Soviet Sceptre was my other winner of the day at 7/4, and it looked like I was going to get another with Music Review going clear as they turned in and just run out of it in the last 100 yards. Really need to start trading these tips somehow as I was on this at 11/2 and it went as low as 1.3 in running. Things are going really well right now but I've got to make the most of every opportunity to nick a few quid here and there.

The final horse given out today was a speculative small bet on Absolutelythebest at Ludlow, against Lake Imperial. Was on at 12/1, he finished second and I did manage to lay this one in running between the last two to make another £48 after commission (included in the personal trades profit). Profit on day £363.

Managed to do a bit of trading for the first time this week - traded the favourites for a profit of £139 after commission. Was tempted to lay Lake Imperial in the win market, decided to lay him for a place instead, figuring that if he didn't win he probably wouldn't place either. Pulled up before halfway so something was clearly amiss. Once he was headed I was confident of collecting anyway, but hope he comes back ok. Profit of £234 on day from my trading.


Profit on day £597

3 comments:

leonthefixer said...

Well done on the recent run mate - good to see things are going well for you - keep it up!

JP said...

cheers mate. Just checking your blog out now and will reply there.

leonthefixer said...

quite a target i have set I know but you never know - I think it could be achievable but will be some time until I am going to be hitting the neccessary targets.