Wednesday, 9 January 2008

A Miserable New Year So Far

Time to bring things up to date and things not going too well right now. Mixed results from the tipsters, together with shooting myself in the foot a couple of times and the account is taking a southerly track at the moment. £939 behind so far this month is easily retrievable, but I'm not exactly full of the joys today. Need to sharpen up my performance, get better organised, find more time to trade, trade more on the football and bet less, make the most of the price movements on the tips I'm getting, etc etc.



Sunday 6 January

Just two races today with SLH giving Kavatcha as a win bet and The Hardy Boy as a lay. Kavatcha drifted alarmingly before the race, then made the running for much of the way before folding quickly as they turned for home. Didn't see The Hardy Boy's race but he was unplaced and so reduced the loss on the day.

Loss on day £55


Monday 7 January

Again just SLH advising anything today, small stakes bet on Mon Chevalier at Taunton at 16/1 unplaced and the all weather service coming up with Granary Girl who managed to grab the each way money when third at 8/1

Loss on day £20


Tuesday 8 January

Poor day all round today. SLH advised a win bet on Cape of Storms at Southwell at 10/3, looked like collecting - traded as low as 1/6 in running, but run out of it in the last furlong. Then he advised a lay on Totally Scottish, given an awful lot to do by his jockey but managed to get up after the last. Then Isiris came up with a main account bet at Leicester which was unplaced, never put in the race. And then to round off a miserable day Chelsea scored in injury time thanks to an own goal to stuff my football bet.

Loss on day £586



Wednesday 9 January

If I thought yesterday was bad then I'm well pissed off today. Isiris gave out an insider bet, but I missed the call due to being tied up at work. Wasn't expecting a bet from them today today judging by the tone of KB's message last night. My own fault though, should have been ready. Horse was advised each way at 11/2, by the time I got the message the price was down to 10/3 and I wasn't going to take that. Off course it won and I missed out on a £495 payout. Not happy. I did miss a loser from them the other day, so I guess things will even up over the long term but I really didn't need that this week. Other two bets today were on SLH's all weather service Fusili at Lingfield, third at 14/1 and Feeling Fresh unplaced at Wolves tonight.

Loss on day £10



Will be at home tomorrow afternoon, so might do a bit of trading on the favourites, as well as backing the tips. Hopefully I can get things moving in the right direction. Onwards and upwards.....

2 comments:

leonthefixer said...

Good to see you back on the blog - was starting to wonder if you were going to fall away as have several others of late.

Not so good to see that you have been losing though - missing a winner is a right kick in the balls! Well hopefully things will turn round quickly for you - the month is young and it is a marathon not a sprint remember! All the best for today!

Rebelred said...

Try and keep the faith, things can turn round easily.

Simon