Thursday, 3 January 2008

Off To A Slow Start

Not a great start to the year healthwise as I seem to have been struck down by a nasty dose of man flu. Came down with it on New Years Eve and been struggling to shake it off ever since. Spent most of the new year in bed so far, hence no messages until today.

Trading is a no no while I feel like this and so I'm restricting myself to the tipping lines and the odd bet of my own until I'm back to full strength.

Quick update on the first few days of 2008....



Tuesday 1 January

Feel absolutely shocking today, and certainly nothing to do with how much I had to drink last night. Mercifully not too much activity from the tipping lines with only Optimum and SLH in action today. Optimum gave an each way bet on Charlies Future at Exeter. The early 14/1 evaporated into an SP of 7/1 and the horse ran well enough before eventually finishing 5th. The SLH all weather advice was Only A Grand at Southwell. This finished unplaced but I didn't see the race as I was back in my pit by then.

One football bet today, a £100 double on Rotherham and Wycombe which comes unstuck as Wycombe draw 0-0.


Loss on day £300



Wednesday 2 January

Two horses again today with SLH on Happy As Larry at Wolves carrying my money and not really happy with the run I got. Not much luck in running and never able to challenge the front two he eventually stayed on to be a never nearer third. Mathematician was keen on Mika's Fable at Folkestone, indeed this was their first main account bet for some time. Unfortunately the horse faded out of contention in the home straight and was unplaced.

Played an each way double on Mika's Fable above, and Kirkside Pleasure at Ayr as well as backing Kirkside Pleasure so another £80 down on my personal account.

Todays football was much better however as I backed Hamilton, Airdrie, Raith, East Fife, Forfar and Stenhousemuir in various Trixies, 4folds, 5folds and an accumulator. Only Forfar let me down so I profited to the tune of £206 on my bets.



Loss on day £74




Thursday 3 January

Again just two bets and very little movement on the account.

Isiris gave out a main account bet, each way third at 11/4 so a loss of £45 on the bet, SLH gave out Bazroy each way at Lingfield, I was on at the advised price of 8/1 (Ladbrokes best) and so missed out when he drifted to an SP of 12/1 and finished second, rattling home to be beaten a length. Nevertheless a £50 profit on the bet.


Profit on day £5

No comments: