Friday, 21 March 2008

Renewal Time

So very nearly six months into the blog and two of my services are coming up for renewal, namely Mark Holder and Henry Rix.


Among the services I subscribe to, along with Isiris these two are the most high profile tipping services around - and also the most expensive.

As far as the blog is concerned Isiris are showing a profit of £5500 to their advised stakes since I started. Absolutely delighted with them, couldn't ask for more. Also Steve Lewis Hamilton is producing the goods after a slow start, and I'm also starting to get the best out of the e-mails Mathematician sends out, and Paul Jones Cheltenham service was stunning.

It's Henry Rix and Mark Holder which are the problem. Mentioned about 5 weeks ago that I had given up backing the Mark Holder selections after a run of 2 winners in 50 odd bets.

Have been monitoring the service since, indeed I backed a couple of his at Cheltenham and things have improved somewhat with 3 winners in the past few weeks but still not enough to get the account in profit or to cover the subscription cost.


As far as Henry Rix is concerned, I was more than happy at Christmas, with the service showing a healthy profit. However since 22 December, he has given out 27 horses, with not a single winner. Frankly even worse is the fact that only one of them has placed. A loss of 69 points equates to £1725 at my staking level for his selections. A truly appalling run of results by anyones standards, let alone someone who charges £999 for 6 months worth of tips.

Despite that shocking run, I am still £200 in front from his tips but that doesn't cover the subscription.

I believe that his strength is on the flat during the summer months, although at the moment I think his strength is writing advertising copy for the Racing Post !!


At the moment, I am considering my options as to the renewals. Haven't made my mind which way to go yet. I am looking at other services to go alongside the ones which are doing the business for me.

I will be spending more money, just not sure where yet....

2 comments:

MARK BELLEW said...

I WOULD FUCK THEM OFF MATE...MARK HOLDER COULDNT TIP A SNOOKER CUE AS FOR HENRY RIX WELL HE IS A RIGHT HENRY PRICKS....NO BUT HONESTLY I HAVE A FAR BETTER RATE THAN BOTH OF THOSE CONMEN AND CAN PROVE IT IF YOU WANT ON A FREE TRIAL PERIOD. I DONT KNOW HOW THESE BLOKES GET ANY TRADE HONESTLY.

MY STYLE IS TO LOOK FOR VALUE AND FOLLOW WHAT I KNOW.....HORSES IMPROVING AND WHO RAN WELL LAST TIME OUT AND COULD BE AHEAD OF HANDICAPPER. I AM MORE A FLAT ALLWEATHER AND TURF PUNTER WITH A HIT RATE OF AT LEAT ONE IN THREE.

REAGRDS MARK

JP said...

Thanks for the comment Mark.

Decided to give them both the elbow and stick with the others.

Hoping to add more of my personal selections and trades going forward, certainly can't be any worse than these two.

All the best
JP