Friday, 4 April 2008

Frustrating Friday

Friday 4 April

One of those days today, nothing really went my way and I finished just behind after a great start.

The good start came in the shape of another winning main account bet from Isiris, the 7/2 each way advised shortened to an SP of 11/4 and ran out a ready winner.

That was as good as it got however.

SLH put up three horses in total. Greenbridge a win bet at Aintree - eventually finished sixth but he was right there three out and travelled every bit as well as the winner. Unfortunately he blundered the third last and again at the second last and his fate was sealed.

Next horse from SLH was Poppy's Rose, managed to get 12/1 each way and the horse showed up very well until tiring and finishing one place out of the money in 4th, beaten 3/4 of a length for the each way money.

The final SLH horse was The Geester, on each way at 6/1 and backed to an SP of half that. Horse didn't get home and finished fifth.

Played in all the races at Aintree using the Paul Jones information but unable to show a profit on the shortlisted horses despite giving Oedipe a 20/1 winner in the 4.55. This was the only winner among the horses listed throughout the day, however Battlecry, Gone To Lunch, Irish Raptor, Blue Bajan all finished second and Call Me A Legend was third from shortlists of 2-3 in each race.

The staking of Paul Jones' advice hasn't really worked so far this meeting, although he served me very well at Cheltenham. I've already got tomorrows selections to hand and I'm going to work out how I'm playing it tomorrow.

Regarding the Grand National, he advised Cloudy Lane and Slim Pickings ante-post. Unfortunately, I didn't get on and I've missed the fancy prices. Going to back at least 4 in the race and see how I get on. Will also have a look at the novelty markets and see if anything takes my fancy.


Loss on day £119

No comments: