Sunday, 6 April 2008

Nailing The National

Saturday 5 April


SLH was back on track after a disappointing week, with one bet on his private service, Mango Catcher at 9/4 - backed it with Stan James who paid out the enhanced SP when the horse won at 5/2. Stan James was also my port of call for the all weather bet, Lough Beg, at the morning 8/1, and despite a rule 4 I did better on the payout than the SP of 13/2 when the horse won.

Nothing from Isiris or Mathematician for the account today, so I played at Aintree with Paul Jones e-mails. Among the horses he shortlisted were Pearl King (W 10/1), Tidal Bay (W 6/4), Al Eile (W 11/4), and Touch of Irish (2nd 12/1). Overall I lost a bit following these this week but he came up with a few winners and a few places so no harm done, not nearly so good as Cheltenham but as I said yesterday my staking probably wasn't the best and thats something to work on for future meetings. I will definately be signing up to his flat service for this season.

Backed a couple of horses from Maths' e-mails but neither Raimond Ridge or Hampton Court were winners, although Raimond Ridge should be winning soon I think.

So on to the national, and a fine piece of aftertiming coming up. After much deliberation I was left with a shortlist of 6 and decided to back them all to try and win £300 on the race. To say I got the race right would be an understatement as my shortlist was Comply Or Die (1st), King Johns Castle (2nd), Snowy Morning (3rd), Slim Pickings (4th), Bewleys Berry (5th) and D'Argent (Fell).



Profit on day £1138

No comments: