Saturday, 12 April 2008

Regular Posting

Well I am posting regularly, every three / four days at least !!

Would like to do more, hopefully after another week I should be able to. Been decorating this week and kitchen is finally being fitted next week, so I can finally get the house back to normal and enjoy living here again.

Results for the last three days are as follows:-


Thursday 10 April

SLH put up an account bet on Realism at 7/4 in the 4.50 at Towcester. Was right there three out but struggled up the hill and thereafter finishing a well beaten fourth. The all weather bet was an each way on Magic Amigo which finished unplaced.

Loss on day £350


Friday 11 April

Disappointing day from my services with 3 losers, an unplaced insider from Isiris, Obe Royal unplaced on the all weather - given a poor ride and could have won with a better passage - and Fandani a loser at Ascot, both for SLH.

Missed a trick with Mathematician earlier in the week. He has slightly amended the format of his e-mails now, and gives his best of the day in the first paragraph even if they aren't strong enough for the account. Will do these on a day by day basis depending on the "feel" of the message but I missed an each way double from him on Monday or Tuesday where both horses won. Was at work but can access his website from there, so thats not a problem. Just forgot to do it when I was busy (this working lark is no good to me).

Anyway, his best two today were Blue Spinaker and Boundless Prospect and I backed them both and it was good to see them both win to mitigate the losses on my other services.

Loss on day £334



Saturday 12 April

A good day which could have been a great day. Isiris gave an each way insider at 9/2. Unusually for an Isiris bet the SP was bigger at 5/1, and as my bet was with Bet 365 I got paid the best price when the horse won.

Elsewhere Mathematician's advice was an each way double on Pressgang and Don't Panic, both placed but neither won so I got my money back. SLH gave Mcnairobi on the all weather who was backed from 10/1 to 6/1 but ran disappointingly, as did Mister Quasimodo who plugged on to finish in the frame at Newbury, without ever threatening to land my win bet.

The hard luck story was my each way on Mixterthetrixter at Uttoxeter. Was on at the best SP of 8/1, the horse cleared away in the straight and looked sure to win, but hit the last when about 6 lenghts in front and stopped to nothing to be caught on the run in having traded at 1.02 on Betfair. Didn't trade out because I didn't see the race, whether I would or not I really don't know. Only seem to lay them back when they win these days, another leak which needs plugging.


Profit on day £376

4 comments:

nokiaman1 said...

Hi, You didnt get the full SP for blue spinnaker as it was at 25/1 morning price and traded to 9/4..you would have made a big profit on day. Also did you get an email from Paul Jones about his service.

Am waiting to get one have made contact should be response on Monday.
Nokiaman1

JP said...

Hi,

Blue Spinnaker was 25/1 in the Racing Post but this was never offered as far as I know - think 12/1 may have been available for a short time in the morning, 3/1 was the price when the message was received.

I've enrolled for Paul Jones service for the summer and am looking forward to it.


All the best
JP

nokiaman1 said...

Hi JP,

Can i ask what service your with Paul Jones..is it the private one or the Summer Festivals. Also did you get a reply back from Paul's email with details to join.

Would you be able to by any chance let me know his email as i want to join also? Am stilling waiting form him to contact me. You can email me it if you like rather than on here.

Thanks, Nokiaman1

JP said...

Hi nokiaman1

I have joined the private service and will be joining the summer festivals one as well.

The e-mail I got on Friday for last weekend says that he is away until Tuesday (tomorrow), which I guess is the reason you haven't had a response.

If you don't hear anything, send me an e-mail rather than a reply to this and I will give you the address.

All the best
JP