Sunday, 11 May 2008

Better Than Last Weekend !!!

Considering how the month of May has gone so far, I'm more than happy with this weekends result. Still got a long way to go before I'm anywhere near where I want to be, but at least it was a winning weekend.


Saturday 10 May

Finished Friday evening cursing my misfortune of missing a winner because of work. Clearly I totally lost focus on what I was doing as when I was updating my spreadsheets on Saturday, I realised Isiris had given an each way mark to Atlantic Beach at Ripon on the mark your card line, I only had time to scribble down the racecard number when I was listening to the message and totally missed it when I was checking the results afterwards, it was only when I logged into my Bet365 account that I saw I had backed a 12/1 winner. So I start Saturday £360 to the good !! Maybe things are about to take a turn for the better.

After yesterday's winner, Blue Sky were unable to consolidate going for Raise Your Heart in the Swinton Hurdle at Haydock. Backed in from my 18/1 to an SP of 11/1, horse finished 10th without ever really looking like giving me a return on my bet.

Mathematician didn't have a main account bet, but I played on his advices at the top of his message and backed Pass The Port each way (won 5/1), Mister Hardy each way unplaced, and a combination win doubles bet with three in each of the 2.25 and 2.55 at Nottigham, my 9 £5 win doubles landed on both winners for a good win of £165 on the bet.

The Isiris mark your card line spotlighted 14 races and 22 horses, and could only find two winners. Happily for me though, they were Baharah (12/1) and Appalachian Trail (16/1), so despite 20 losers, the line made a nice profit on the day.


Profit on day £1030



Sunday 11 May


Nothing from any of the mainline services today so just the mark your card line to go at. Only six races, and only two winners found. Both short prices (evens and 4/5) so a loss on the day.

My football bet was a lay of Birmingham, didn't fancy them at all and came unstuck there. Despite a 4-1 win they were relegated because Fulham won their game.


Loss on day £375



Another week of good racing ahead with the big three day Dante meeting starting at York on Wednesday. Hopefully, the tipsters will get their collective acts together and I'll make some good profits and get things back on track.

Best of luck to everyone.

5 comments:

monte said...

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to you to ask about bookies. Question is to everyone who read this blog.

Have you ever had problem with placing bets in bookmakers?

Let's say scenario is like I described below:

You bought one or two services (Isiris, Bluesky) and you start win. One day you have message from bookmakers that you cannot place bets for more then 50 pounds per unit because you make too big profit. Is anything what I can do with that.

Thanks for any suggestions

leonthefixer said...

Hi mate,

It's been a while since I last read your blog and I have been meaning to catch up for some time, so as I had the laptop out in the sun this morning I thought it was a good a time as any.

Wow - it has been some rollercoaster recently, unfortunatly more downs than ups but I am sure things will change soon once the flat season becomes more established and first runs are out of the way. Good to see that you are still confident in the tipping services.

Doesn't seem as though you are trading anymore? I guess you must be busy with work. Any further plan on giving the work up?

All the best mate and hopefully this week will show a good profit!

Leonthefixer

JOhn W said...

Hi

Just found your blog today and reading it reminds me so much of where I was a few years ago.

Having had some sucess with a tipster I thought this is the road to riches , if I can make 10 grand a year from this tipster all I need to do is find another 4 and I can make 50k a year. Happy Days !!

I had full banks in place for the first couple but then thought I could probably add another 2 tipsters using the same bank and it all should be safe. After all whats the chances of them all having a bad run at the same time!!!

I'm afraid it happens.

You end up under capitalised, betting with scared money and the temptation is to chop and change tipsters on a too regular basis because of a bad run.

I was sitting with a very intelligent friend one night and he made me see the error of my ways.

What is the point in betting with multiple tipsters, paying thousands in membership fees when all you are doing is splitting your available capital between a lot of tipsters who are not as good as the best tipster you follow.

From that day I cancelled everyone with the exception of one. Put all my capital into one bank ensuring I had a total amount of points that I felt I would never have to worry again about losing runs.

My days are less stressful, only two or three tips a day meaning I can get on with other things in my life but more importantly I am more profitable.

There are baron spells but ultimately I have a + 30% ROI.

I really think you should give this some thought.

For what it's worth you are missing the best tipster in the country from your portfolio.

Find the right one and stick with it.

JOhn W said...

Hi

Just found your blog today and reading it reminds me so much of where I was a few years ago.

Having had some sucess with a tipster I thought this is the road to riches , if I can make 10 grand a year from this tipster all I need to do is find another 4 and I can make 50k a year. Happy Days !!

I had full banks in place for the first couple but then thought I could probably add another 2 tipsters using the same bank and it all should be safe. After all whats the chances of them all having a bad run at the same time!!!

I'm afraid it happens.

You end up under capitalised, betting with scared money and the temptation is to chop and change tipsters on a too regular basis because of a bad run.

I was sitting with a very intelligent friend one night and he made me see the error of my ways.

What is the point in betting with multiple tipsters, paying thousands in membership fees when all you are doing is splitting your available capital between a lot of tipsters who are not as good as the best tipster you follow.

From that day I cancelled everyone with the exception of one. Put all my capital into one bank ensuring I had a total amount of points that I felt I would never have to worry again about losing runs.

My days are less stressful, only two or three tips a day meaning I can get on with other things in my life but more importantly I am more profitable.

There are baron spells but ultimately I have a + 30% ROI.

I really think you should give this some thought.

For what it's worth you are missing the best tipster in the country from your portfolio.

Find the right one and stick with it.

JP said...

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

Leon, I will post a comment on your own blog.

Monte, the only thing I can advise is make sure you have as many accounts as possible. I have internet accounts with just about every bookie featured on the oddschecker website. I also have credit accounts with all the major bookmakers and of course I use Betfair.

Haven't had too many problems getting my bets on, get restricted on stakes sometimes but I just get on what I can at the best price.

Only firm who are a complete joke as far as I'm concerned are Sporting Bet. Restrict practically every bet I try and put on. Asked for £10 e/w on a 50/1 shot on Saturday, they offered me £2.50 each way.


John W, very good to here from you and you make some very important points, of which I'm fully aware and agree with.

I do think I've got too much on to be honest and I'll probably ditch the mark your card messages and stick to the main tipsters I have. However I am fully funded in accordance with the staking plan I am using, and my points values are set in relation to this bank.

I'm still in my first year of doing this and have already discarded Henry Rix and Mark Holder on account of their poor results.

I would imagine that eventually I only have 1-2 who I use, but this is very much an evolving project and I will see where it takes me.

Interested in who this other tipster is who you mention. If you don't want to name them on here, I will reject your comment and not publish the name, but as you can gather I'm always on the lookout so would like to know !!!

Thanks very much for your interest in my blog and best wishes to you.