Sunday, 1 June 2008

Winning Weekend

Saturday 31 May

The anticipated busy day failed to materialise with account bets from both Optimum and Mathematician being declared as non-runners after they were advised.

Was left with two each way bets from Blue Sky, Mohaned who was unplaced at Doncaster drifting from the advised 9/1 out to an SP of 14/1 - ran creditably finishing sixth, about three lenghts from the places. The other bet was Misty Island at Tramore who just failed to get up for a win at 5/1, failing by a short head so just a minimal profit on the place.

SLH advised an each way double on Seaway (2nd) and Light Hearted (4th) both at Doncaster, the latter failing by a head to land a place and to get my stake money back.

However I did make a good profit on the day with my bets on the Australian football placed on Friday night. Good money to be made here during the summer and so it was this weekend with plenty of winning bets, and just one team drawing letting me down for a 50/1 acca.


Profit on day £472




Sunday 1 June

Start of a new month and quite a busy day with action from Blue Sky, Isiris and SLH.

Blue Sky came up with Mr Anderson, a very easy winner at Kilbeggan at 2/1. The other advices both lost with Corkage a disappointment in the first at Perth for SLH, and the Isiris each way bet finished 4th, altough well beaten.

Again todays profit was down to me as I managed to find the French Derby winner Vision D'Etat, he was among the three I backed in the race and I got 14/1 for my money as he just held off the late challenge of Famous Name.


Profit on day £212




So despite a horrendous start to May, I managed to turn things around and showed a profit of £77 on the month. Of course were every month to turn out like that, then I would give up now. Fortunately though, that's not how it works and I'm very much looking forward tho this month with plenty of decent racing with the Derby and Royal Ascot being the highlights.

The annual profit is just short of £4000, which is someway short of where I want it to be. But 3 weeks ago I was £1200 down on the year and it wasn't looking too clever at all.

But you just have to keep everything in perspective and know that in the long-term it will all work out. It's only money !!!

No comments: