Saturday, 15 November 2008

Another Super Saturday

Saturday 15 November


Tipping Legends gave out seven horses on Saturday, and they were on the mark with two of them - European Dream (advised at 12/1, could only get 10/1) which won at 11/2, and Spear Thistle at Uttoxeter (advised at 4/1), which won readily at an SP of 3/1. Nothing doing with their other selections.

Both Graeme and Mathematician put up Joe Lively at Cheltenham, and so another good draw for me, and again I managed to beat the SP - securing the morning 5/1 about the winner.

Graeme was also sweet on Private Be in the Paddy Power each way at 33/1, and was proved correct as he finished third.

Optimum had gone for Barbers Shop ante-post about ten days ago, ran a fine race but eventually had to settle for second. Also topped up yesterday wih Silverburn who was unplaced after blundering at the second last fence. Paul Jones also had an ante-post bet here on Maljimar, unplaced.

Other action was an Isiris insider bet on Spouk at Wolves. The horse came second having been advised each way at 3/1. Backed it win only, have been messing around with the staking plan again - of which more to follow.

The other bet on the horses was from SLH on the all weather - Malinsa Blue who, after leading up until turning out of the back straight, eventuall finished last.

Took the edge off the profits today by dropping £240 on the footy. Been on a good run in recent weeks, but that came to an end today.


Profit on day £866


Profit year to date £14,499



As mentioned above, I've changed the staking plan again, will go into details about it tomorrow. Essentially I'll be doing away with most of the each way bets and backing everything win only, with the stake being in accordance with the price of the horse, rather than the points value which the tipsters have assigned to the bets.

I will review each race / tip on it's merits and will vary things as I see it, however I'm having trouble getting the Isiris clever each way bets on now, and I've missed the place money by one place so often this year that I think I'll do better without it.

Going to try it for the rest of the year and see how it goes. I've checked back my results for 2008, and I would have made significantly more money betting this way - so let's see what happens next....

No comments: