Sunday, 9 November 2008

Happy Birthday G !!!

Saturday 8 November


It was Graeme's birthday on Saturday, and he was able to celebrate in style after tipping up the winner of the November Handicap, Tropical Strait, at 22/1 !!

So that another brilliant day for me, elsewhere Isiris had another main account bet winner (7 in a row) with Tchico Polos at 5/4. No other winners from any of the six selections of Tipping Legends. Mathematician also drew a blank, and Graeme's other selection on the day was a loser but I guess I can let him off that one !

Added another £260 to the profits with my football bets.


Profit on day £1112




Sunday 9 November


Can't win everyday of course, and nothing doing on a quiet Sunday.

SLH went with Alto Stratus each way at Hereford. Horse also put up as a win bet by Tipping Legends. Didn't see the race but he finished sixth, never looked like winning according to the write up on the Post website. The other Tipping Legends selection was Cosmic String advised each way, and as has been the case so many times this year the horse finished one place out of the money in 4th.

SLH's all weather bet was Eleanor Eloise at Kempton - unplaced.


Loss on day £350



The profit for the year to date now stands at £13,892, and over £6000 in front in the last three weeks !!

Have a chance of adding to this tomorrow as I am on Sergio Garcia in the HSBC golf in Shanghai. He's currently two shots off the lead with 15 holes of his final round to go. Tee off is 7.50 tomorrow morning so I will check in at lunchtime and see how he got on.

1 comment:

Graeme Dand said...

Hi JP!

What a run you’re on mate. Anyone reading your blog can see why you play this game now!

It was a great way to celebrate my birthday with that winner. I’ve haven’t had the best of luck in my opinion but Saturday nearly makes up for it all. With slightly more luck, that £6k profit you made in 3 weeks could have been nearer £8k (Idle Talk and Generous Lad both spring to mind!) and that would have been something to remember. I’m sure you’ll settle for £6k profit though. lol

On a personal note, the whole point of me offering the service was to help you guys win money and I’m pleased I’ve reached the stage where all the subscribers are nicely in profit. Unfortunately, you missed the start of the service when I was on fire but even so, I’ve at least taken you on a rollercoaster of a ride and I’m sure you’ve enjoyed it! :)

I think the cool thing about having a portfolio of tipsters is that as long as one or two are in form most of the time, you could have plenty of good days and not so many bad days. I know TL haven’t been having the best of times recently and I’m sure it’s no coincidence that my worst months this year have been the same months as these guys.

As I’ve said plenty of times now on the forum, flat form stands up much better on decent ground in the summer and that’s when guys like me and JC should do very well. As I’ve shown recently though, as long as you stick to your beliefs and play the game properly, you can do well in the long-run.

I hope both our runs can continue into the future mate and I’ll hopefully be able to continue into the new year!

Thanks for the continued support and encouragement.

Graeme