Monday, 17 November 2008

Monday Muppetry

Monday 17 November


Last Monday wasn't one of my best days, but I've surpassed myself today. Totally forgot about ringing SLH's line till just after 3.50 this afternoon. Hoped that he hadn't given anything out, as today's racing was what you might call moderate - but no such luck. His advice today was a 1 point each way double (£50 e/w to me) on Pop Ahead and Norman The Great. Both around 3/1 when advised, and wouldn't you just know they both won at SP's of 4/1 and 9/4. So after missing out on £1200 last Monday, I missed around another £1000 today.

Not really sure what happened - the Isiris message goes out at the same time as Steve's at this time of year, and the Tipping Legends text came through at about the same time, and by the time I'd got their bets on I forgot about Steve !!

Missed winners before, but this was a sore one - really kicking myself, but it's gone and what can you do. Of course, none of the other tips won and so what should have been a good winning day turned into a dead loss.



Bets Advised

Graeme

New Beginning 0.5 pts e/w at 33/1 - 4TH (SP 14/1)


SLH

Pop Ahead / Norman The Great - 1 pt e/w double (both around 3/1, SP for account purposes - WON 4/1, WON 9/4


SLH - A/W

Cap St Jean - win bet, minimum price 9/2 - LOST (SP 11/2)


Tipping Legends

Pride Of Mine 0.5 pts e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)
Matsunosuke 1pt win @ 7/2 - 4TH (SP 9/4)
Inchpast 1pt win @ 4/1 - LOST (SP 7/2)
(NB - no prices stipulated on text message)

Nothing from Isiris / Optimum / Maths



Bets Placed

New Beginning £30 win @ 33/1.............(30)
Cap St Jean £80 win @ 9/2................(80)
Pride Of Mine £60 win @ 10/1.............(60)
Matsunosuke £100 win @ 7/2..............(100)
Inchpast £100 win @ 7/2.................(100)


Loss on day £370


Profit year to date £14,750

2 comments:

THE-IRONHORSE said...

Hi JP,

Love what your doing with regards the new blog posts, ie selections and stakes!!

I also follow optimum, mark holder and rix. and you've got me thinking about the staking, and would i be better going win only?? the sickener for me is when rix or holder have the big prices like 25/1 33/1 that finish 2nd. its a hard one to take and i do have discipline problems??

Have you any advice on how you cope/apply yourself with this? do you use a mixture in your portfolio of tipsters that bet shorter therefore less long losing runs? or do you have any tips as to how you think about the bets/money.

Anyway sorry for going on a bit but since dirk diggler there hasn't been a blog as good and i've read every post.

james

JP said...

Hi James,

Thanks for the comment, thought I'd change the format a bit. Think it's a bit more interesting if I record every bet rather than just saying how much I win or lose each day.

Regarding the decision to ditch the each way bets, the reasons were detailed in my post on Sunday - basically getting fed up with missing the money by one place and also can't get the Isiris bets on. Plus I reckon I'll win more !!

As far as your services go, it's your call to be honest. It suits me to go win only as I've got so much action day to day, that I should never go that long between winners (hopefully !)

Was with both Mark Holder and Henry Rix until March this year - MH only gave me 3 winners in 4 months, but plenty of each way places, and Henry Rix gave me 27 losers in a row, 26 of which were unplaced.

To be honest no staking plan is going to make a success of results like that ! - I can only hope for your sake that things have improved since then.

If you keep detailed results, then obviously you can check back and see which way would be best for you.

Post again if you like and we can chat some more about it.


All the best
JP