Monday, 2 February 2009

Thunderballs !!!

The snow did for all the racing today. Got a fair bit here today as well - nothing like the Day After Tomorrow scenario which the news channels are reporting but the best here for a few years.

Market Rasen tomorrow has already gone, which is no surprise as it's not that far from here. Inspection tomorrow at Sedgefield where they have snow on the track, but Southwell on the all weather should be ok.

Been doing my Dad's lottery tickets while he's been on holiday. Anyway forgot to buy them while I was out on Saturday and couldn't be bothered to go out again so I bought them on line.

Had an e-mail when I got in from the National Lottery titled "News about your ticket !" - thought hello, what's this about then. Opened it and got this....

"We have some exciting news about the ticket that you bought for the Saturday 31 January draw. Please Sign In to your Account at the National Lottery website for more details"

Logged in and guess what, I've won a fiver !!! Joy unconfined, I've been beside myself ever since I got home. What are these people on - don't they realise I put a fiver on !!! Just shows why I don't bother with the lottery. Anyway buy me Dad a couple of pints when I see him - sure he'll thrilled when I give hime the news.

No comments: