Sunday, 12 April 2009

Quiet Day but a profitable one

Sunday 12 April


Easter Sunday and a day off for most of my services, with only Tipping Legends and Nose Ahead in action today and they provided a winner each to round off what has been a truly exceptional week, more of that later with the weekly account round-up.

I will settle the golf bets as losers, as none of them are in contention as the Masters moves into the final round.

I've always enjoyed watching the Masters over the years, but it's all felt a bit flat this year - and that has nothing to do with the fact my bets are going down, although the make-up of the leader board for much of the week probably hasn't helped.

Think I've got used to watching the golf on Sky or Setanta and it seems strange that the TV coverage doesn't start until the action is nearly over for the day. Plus I'm not a fan of Gary Lineker as a presenter, but I guess we're stuck with him for the next 20 years, and the new interviewer they've got this week, Shane, make Rishi Persad seem a consumate professional. I'll still be watching tonight though !



Bets Advised


Tipping Legends

Thoroughly Red 1pt e/w @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 9/1)
Voler La Vedette 3pts win @ 9/4 - LOST (SP 6/4)
Aran Concerto 1pt win @ 6/1 - WON (SP 7/2)



Nose Ahead

Raucous 1pt win @ 16/1 - LOST (SP 14/1)
Cape Vale 1pt win @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Jaconet 1pt win @ 13/2 - WON (SP 11/2)
Cape Vale / Jaconet 0.5 pts reverse forecast


Tipping Legends (Golf)

Paul Casey (w/o Woods) 0.5 pts e/w @ 20/1 - NOT IN CONTENTION
Geoff Ogilvy (w/o Woods) 0.5 pts e/w @ 14/1 - NOT IN CONTENTION
Retief Goosen (w/o Woods) 0.5 pts e/w @ 18/1 - MISSED CUT
Robert Allenby 0.5 pts e/w @ 130/1 - NOT IN CONTENTION



Bets Placed

Thoroughly Red £100 win @ 10/1.................(100)
Voler La Vedette £100 win @ 9/4................(100)
Aran Concerto £75 win @ 13/2....................390 - 20p rule 4
Aran Concerto £25 win @ 6/1.....................120 - 20p rule 4
Raucous £50 win @ 16/1..........................(50)
Cape Vale £50 win @ 12/1........................(50)
Jaconet £50 win @ 13/2..........................325
Cape Vale / Jaconet £25 r/f.....................(50)
Paul Casey £25 e/w @ 20/1.......................(50)
Geoff Ogilvy £25 e/w @ 14/1.....................(50)
Retief Goosen £25 e/w @ 18/1....................(50)
Robert Allenby £25 e/w @ 130/1..................(50)

Profit on day £285

2 comments:

JB said...

JP,
Does Will Hills still allow bets to placed on your account, or are you barrred after the big winner with them

Trying to guage at what point get cut off as is frustating see them with Best Odds Gurantted and sometimes best odds available.
My account was limited to zero stakes after about £2000 of winnings.
Sean Graham suddenly pulled the plug as well and Baldy Fred along with Boyles, SportingBet.

JP said...

hi JB, I have a credit account with William Hill which I have been using this week without any restrictions, but obviously you have to phone your bets through.

I'm very quick on the keyboard on the PC and so prefer that route, however I can only work with the restrictions as they are. But my internet account with Hills isn't a lot of use these days - they've restricted every single bet I've tried to have with them this week.


Bet365 will lay me pretty much anything I like, and Paddy Power are ok too and both BOG.

Stan James restrict me, have a credit account with them which I've not used in years so I need to get looked at. Shame they swallowed up Bet Direct as they would take bets off me and were BOG.

Betfred did take my bets last summer but I can't get anything on now - won't lay me to take more than £20 off them at best, so they are a waste of time. Were still taking my football bets last time I placed one with them, so gonna try and take em for a few quid sometime.

Sporting Bet have never layed me anything worthwhile, Boylesports restrict me on the net, have never called them for a bet over the phone.

Likewise Skybet and Blue Square will rarely take a full size bet off me.

Never had an account with Sean Graham so can't comment on them.

There are still plenty of options available, need to explore credit accounts etc and also firms like Chronicle, Pinnacle etc and see what I can do.

If things continue as they are present then my options will become more and more limited. But there are ways around most things.