Sunday, 19 April 2009

Quiet end to the week

Sunday 19 April


Didn't get the result I was looking for in the golf this morning with Markus Briar eventually finishing in a tie for 8th place - two shots out of the places. His was just one shot behind the (six) joint leaders for a while but couldn't make anything happen on the back nine and gradually faded out of contention. Incidentally I have increased the stakes on the golf bets from this week and I'm now playing at £100 a point.

It was a quiet day on the horses with only SLH in action - on all three of his services and he managed a winner on the all weather and the exchange.

As has been the case in recent days, the mainline tip was heavily backed once it had been given and I was able to take advantage of this by backing the horse to the advised each way stake and then laying off for a risk free bet on Betfair, I was then able to lay both the win and place part in running and I got a few quid when the horse was unplaced, having traded very short in the run.

I also traded Launde in the same race, who was the eventual winner but very pleased to make over £300 on the race from trading, more than compensating for the initial losing bet.


Back later on with the weekly account, retreated somewhat from the peak of last Sunday, but there's a lot of racing scheduled in the coming week and plenty of opportunities to add to the profits achieved so far this year.



Bets Advised


SLH Private

Ouste 1pt e/w @ min 10/1 - LOST (SP 15/2)


SLH Exchange

Midnight Sail 1pt back @ min 4.0 - WON


SLH A/W

Manshoor win bet @ min 4/1 - WON (SP 7/2)


Tipping Legends (Golf)

Markus Brier 0.5 pts e/w @ 40/1 - TIED 8TH
Miles Tunicliff 0.5 pts e/w @ 66/1 - MISSED CUT
Pelle Edberg 0.5 pts e/w @ 90/1 - TIED 38TH
Rory McIlroy 1pt e/w @ 20/1 - TIED 58TH



Bets Placed

Ouste £100 win @ 11/1...................(100)
Midnight Sail £50 back at 4.11 (net).....148
Manshoor £100 win @ 4/1..................400
Markus Brier £50 e/w @ 40/1.............(100)
Miles Tunicliff £50 e/w @ 66/1..........(100)
Pelle Edberg £50 e/w @ 90/1.............(100)
Rory McIlroy £100 e/w @ 22/1............(200)
Ouste £50 e/w @ 11/1....................(100)
Ouste £50 lay @ 6.8.......................50
Ouste £50 lay @ 3.2.......................50
Ouste £50 lay @ 2.14......................50
Ouste £50 place lay @ 2.56................50
Ouste £80 place lay @ 1.24................80
Launde £100 back @ 11...................1000
Launde £50 lay @ 10.....................(450)
Launde £4.82 lay @ 10.5..................(46)
Launde £50 lay @ 6.4....................(270)
Launde £100 lay @ 1.84...................(84)
Commission on above......................(20)
Other Bets and trades.....................35

Profit on day £293

4 comments:

JB said...

Loving the SLH private service selections for the odds movement alone. A hope this continues for all the big odds horses he gives out...12/1 into general 7/1 again today. £1000 back 12/1 lay @8.0 +£665...better than relying on a horse trying to win a race... I even saw Vicorchandler go short as 9/2...

JP said...

hi mate,

Well it looks like the way to play them at the moment - as long as I can get my initial bet on then I'm ok and I can try and lock in a profit.

More than one way to play them as you know, and as my options with the bookies seem to be diminishing by the day - I'm going to be doing it a lot more. Easier when I'm at home of course rather than at work, but there are ways around most problems.

Got 11/1 with B365, cut to 8/1 within 2 minutes. Went out for lunch and when I looked half hour before the race, the best available was 6/1 - I laid at 6.8 at that point.

All the best
JP

smudge said...

Hi Guys

Just a couple of points i'd like to raise firstly with JB am i right in thinking had the horse have won then you would have come away with nothing but a break even situation and secondly how on earth did you get a grand on a 12/1 shot but more importantly surely in the not to distant future you will be heavilly restricted if not shut down.

And JP do you have a plan B for when your phone and internet avenues are pretty much closed as I think this was a problem dirk Diggler had whilst writing his 30k blog , i really admire your efforts but can't help thinking life is going to get much tougher in terms of getting on this year.

Regards and all the best.

JP said...

Hi Smudge,

Well don't have a plan B as such, but I have one or two other accounts with firms such as Chronicle and Jennings which I haven't touched yet.

Also I have credit accounts with one or two other firms which I will look in to re-activating.

Of course my Dad could always find a new-found interest in horse racing at the age of 75 !

There are one or two other options as well.

But I will plugging away until it becomes impossible and then I will have to see what else I can do.

Trading them on Betfair is obviously an option and try to generate free bets along the way - but it's clearly going to get a lot more difficult in the weeks and months ahead.

Interesting to read my William Hill credit statement which arrived on Saturday.

Since I had the 14/1 winner with them on there (£85 win), they let me have all the bets I asked for including £150 on a 7/1, £100 on a 10/1, £50 on a 25/1, £50 on a 12/1 etc. Reduced the amount due to me down to £255.

As soon as the new accounting period started on Wednesday, my bets are cut all over the place !

Makes you wonder.


All the best
JP