Tuesday, 5 May 2009

A few changes

Tuesday 5 May


Don't believe in standing still in this game, and with that in mind I am making a few changes to my portfolio over the next few weeks.

Will be adding some more services into the mix - starting today, and also will be reviewing the ones I currently use and how I am playing them.

I've pretty much made up my mind up to discard Optimum when my sub runs out at the end of June. Things haven't gone well in recent months, don't like the staking plan they are following and, whilst I am sure in the long term they will return to profitability, I think my £1100 renewal can be better spent elsewhere.

First into bat for the new team is "The Form Guru". Now just to cause a bit of confusion, there are two services which go by this name - and I will be adding the other one as well from tomorrow ! I will make clear which one is which.

This first one is available via The Inside Rail, with a free months trial and then it's £35 a month after that - see link on right.

My free month started and off to a brilliant start, with two winners from 8 bets, plus an each way second, and another big price just missing the frame.

I didn't achieve the advised prices as I was a few minutes late picking up the e-mail due to work commitments - neither did I place the bet on Line Artic with a BOG bookmaker, and so missed the better SP.

Clearly there is pressure on the prices when the bets are given out, not sure how many subscribers they have, and also some of the recommended prices are only available with Sportingbet, who will not take bets from me of the size I want to place and so I have to look elsewhere.

As always it's a question of getting the best I can price wise, but it looks like I should comfortably beat SP with these. It is a trial and I'll see how the month goes but a great start to this service, and ensured another very profitable day for me.

My other services were pretty quiet with only Tipping Legends and SLH A/W in action, but they weren't amongst the winners today.

Tomorrow it's the start of the Chester May meeting and the Chester Cup, where Tipping Legends managed to find the winner last year at an advised price of 66/1. Once again they'll be operating a three day special to cover the meeting, looking to bounce back from the disappointment of the Guineas meeting last weekend.

Going to be a busy few days for me, but very much looking forward to it. Whichever way it goes, I should imagine there will be a significant impact on my P&L - all being well, it will go the right way !



Bets Advised


The Form Guru (Inside Rail)

Now 1pt e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)
Dancing Storm 2pts win @ 13/2 - LOST (SP 11/2)
Takaamul 1pt e/w @ 20/1 - 2ND (SP 18/1)
Bold Cross 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - WON (SP 10/1)
Line Artic 2pts win @ 7/1 - WON (SP 15/2)
Boomerang 1pt e/w @ 18/1 - 5TH (SP 11/1)
Arizona John 1pt win @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)
Mey Blossom 1pt win @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)



Tipping Legends

Dancing Storm 1pt win @ 13/2 - LOST (SP 11/2)
Lady Pilot 1pt win @ 5/2 - LOST (SP 11/4)
Lordsbridge 1pt e/w @ 10/1 - 3RD (SP 10/1)


SLH A/W

Colorus win bet @ 3/1 - LOST (SP 11/4)



Bets Placed

Now £50 e/w @ 12/1......................(100)
Dancing Storm £100 win @ 6/1............(100)
Takaamul £50 e/w @ 16/1 (BOG)............175
Bold Cross £50 e/w @ 14/1................875
Line Artic £100 win @ 13/2...............650
Boomerang £50 e/w @ 18/1................(100)
Arizona John £50 win @ 10/1.............(50)
Mey Blossom £50 win @ 10/1..............(50)
Dancing Storm £100 win @ 6/1............(100)
Lady Pilot £100 win @ 5/2...............(100)
Lordsbridge £100 win @ 10/1.............(100)
Colorus £100 win @ 10/3.................(100)

Profit on day £900

No comments: