Thursday, 18 June 2009

Oh Dear !

Thursday 18 June


A historic day as Yeats won the Ascot Gold Cup for the fourth time and Ffos Las racecourse opened it doors for it's very first meeting.

But as my betting is concerned, it's not a day that I will look back on with any affection. Indeed for a while, it looked like I might make my own piece of history and post my worst ever loss.

Veracity was my worst result with Tipping Legends, Equine Investments and an ante-post bet from Optimum Racing all going west. The horse was prominent for much of the race, but was fading when something went wrong with him and he was pulled up and dismounted by Dettori - hopefully he will live to fight another day.

It was misery all round really, with not a single winner being advised.

Chris, The Form Guru has had a series of big priced places recently and that continued today with Secret Society second at 22/1 (beaten a head), and Barwell Bridge third at 16/1.

Tipping Legends current special isn't going too well so far this week, and the only return was from Chiberta King, a half point each way bet at 9/1 - beaten by a 66/1 shot. Even then they lost on the race as their other selection Kimberley Downs was unplaced.

SLH had a rare bet on the flat, but his each way double came unstuck in the first leg, but on his Exchange line he advised a lay of Ffos Las Diamond in the first race at the new track, and thankfully he was correct to oppose the favourite which finished unplaced.

Maths selections both ran very poorly, and as he also doubled them up it was a 3 point loss on the day for him.

Just one of those things, a very bad day - and my third big loss in five days.

As I've said previously, I am going on holiday on Saturday so tomorrow's update will be the last for a week or so. I will be betting the Saturday selections, but then I am having a complete break from betting for a week.

Need to recharge the batteries, since I came back from my long holiday in October last year, I think there have been just four days when I haven't had a bet and two of those were Christmas Day and Good Friday ! So I'm ready for a break.



Bets Advised


Equine Invesments

Veracity 1pt e/w @ 7/1 - LOST (SP 13/2)
Veracity / Mutamared 0.5 pts e/w double - LOST (SP 13/2) / LOST (SP 11/10)


Optimum Racing (Ante-Post)

Veracity 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - LOST


Maths - Selections

Yogaroo win bet @ 9/4 - LOST (SP 10/3)
Alanbrooke win bet @ 6/4 - LOST (SP Evens)
Yogaroo / Alanbrooke e/w double - LOST


SLH Private

Take The Hint / Geordieland 1pt e/w dbl - LOST (SP 7/2) / 3RD (SP 11/4)


SLH Exchange

Ffos Las Diamond 2pt lay @ max 2.2 - LOST


Tipping Legends

Here Now And Why 0.5 pts e/w @ 28/1 - LOST (SP 18/1)
Veracity 1 pt e/w @ 7/1 - LOST (SP 13/2)
Brief Encounter 2pts win @ 7/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)
Viva Ronaldo 0.5pts e/w @ 100/1 - LOST (SP 80/1)
Four Winds 0.5 pts e/w @ 15/2 - LOST (SP 7/1)
Kimberley Downs 1 pt e/w @ 20/1 - LOST (SP 20/1)
Chiberta King 0.5 pts e/w @ 9/1 - 2ND (SP 8/1)
Flexi Time 0.5 pts e/w @ 10/1 - 4TH (SP 5/1)


Chris, The Form Guru

Lake Chini 1 pt e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 16/1)
Cobo Bay 1 pt e/w @ 9/1 - LOST (SP 13/2)
Secret Society 1 pt e/w @ 25/1 - 2ND (SP 22/1)
Mutamaashi 1 pt e/w @ 25/1 - LOST (SP 16/1)
Full Victory 2pts win @ 6/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Barwell Bridge 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - 3RD (SP 12/1)
Kimberley Downs 1 pt e/w @ 20/1 - LOST (SP 20/1)



Bets Placed

Veracity £100 e/w @ 7/1...................(200)
Veracity / Mutamared £50 e/w dbl..........(100)
Veracity £50 e/w @ 12/1...................(100)
Yogaroo £100 win @ 9/4....................(100)
Alanbrooke £100 win @ 6/4.................(100)
Yogaroo / Alanbrooke £50 e/w dbl..........(100)
Take The Hint/Geordieland £100 e/w dbl....(200)
Ffos Las Diamond £200 lay @ 2.2 (net)......191
Here Now And Why £50 e/w @ 25/1-28/1......(100)
Veracity £100 e/w @ 7/1...................(200)
Brief Encounter £200 win @ 13/2 - 7/1.....(200)
Viva Ronaldo £50 e/w @ 100/1..............(100)
Four Winds £50 e/w @ 7/1..................(100)
Kimberley Downs £100 e/w @ 20/1...........(200)
Chiberta King £50 e/w @ 9/1.................63
Flexi Time £50 e/w @ 10/1.................(100)
Lake Chini £25 e/w @ 10/1..................(50)
Cobo Bay £25 e/w @ 7/1.....................(50)
Secret Society £25 e/w @ 20/1 (bog)........112
Mutamaashi £25 e/w @ 20/1..................(50)
Full Victory £50 win @ 6/1.................(50)
Barwell Bridge £25 e/w @ 14/1...............63
Kimberely Downs £25 e/w @ 20/1.............(50)
Personal Bets - Placepot..................(216)

Loss on day £1937

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the problem with this -you go on holiday and all the winners come in and you kick yourself.

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday jp

Anonymous said...

Hi mate - just wanted to say enjoy your break - 4 days off only is pretty crazy!

Out of interest do you not want to take days away from it because of the fear of missing out on a winner?

I also have not had much time off but am taking a few days off to go to the oval and watch the cricket and then some relaxing in london. However, all i can think about at the moment is the amount of money i will be missing out on from not trading. Just wondered if you have a similar mindset?

Hoping that the few days away from the desk will do the same as you are hoping for - a bit of a battery recharge!

Keep up the blog mate, i have let mine go, but i check in each morning to see how you have done the day before. I should comment more as i know how lonely it can get blogging and not getting comments.

All the best

Leonthefixer.

fleece said...

Hi
enjoy your well earned break.
Just a comment on something that always bugs me. When on holiday do you ever have that nagging feeling " what if i miss one,a big one ?". its good to switch off but sometimes I just can't help it.

JP said...

Hi guys, thanks for the comments....


anon #1 - I know what you're saying but you have to take time out every now and again. It's been a long time since I had a break and I certainly feel I need one.

Anon #2 - thank you !

Leon, it's been a while mate !

While it's true I don't want to miss anything with the way it's going right now, it's just worked out this year that I haven't had a holiday yet.

I had a long break last Autumn you might remember and that certainly kept me going for a while.

I've had the odd day out this year, but I can get my bets on when out and abt cos they're all texted to me or I ring for the messages.

Just ready for a holiday now and I've got to stop betting otherwise I wouldn't be able to switch off when I get there.

I'm either winning or losing 2-3k every week it seems just now, so I would imagine next week will be similar. If I miss the big one, then thats just one of those things. There's no point winning all this money if I can't enjoy spending some of it.

I've seen you've finished blogging, which is a shame but I understand why.

Mines a bit different, find writing it theraputic. It either brings me down or calms me down depending on how the day has gone, and then I'm ready to go again for the next day.

All the best to you mate - enjoy London !

Hi Fleece, thanks for your comment - pretty much covered it already but know where you're coming from. In the long run, missing a week every now and again shouldn't matter.

There's always the next race, and the one after, and the one after that....