Friday, 17 July 2009

Washout / Washed Up ?

Friday 17 July


A truly awful day weatherwise and the horses weren't a lot better.

Most of my services took the sensible decision to take the day off, but Tipping Legends, Maths and The Form Guru all decided to dip their toe in the water.

As it turned TFG more or less broke level on the day - found Iceman George , advised at 14/1 at lunchtime but subjected to a 30p rule 4 deduction from my winnings. The other bet I collected on was Haajes asvised each way at 16/1, again a rule 4 here - 15p from Boylesports and 20p from William Hill.

Couple of losing selections from Maths, both advised at around 10/1 and both much shorter come racetime. However nothing doing from either of them.

Another five point loss from Tipping Legends and the vibes here are not good at the moment. Certainly JC seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence judging by some of his recent comments on his daily messages - and that feeling is certainly spreading to me.

Hammering away at their bets for no reward day after day is beginning to get me down. Obviously my loss for the year does not correspond to their recommended stakes and that is down to me.

However by my reckoning, unless you credit them with the 17 points they claim for the e/w double advised at Cheltenham which was only successful with a couple of bookmakers, then they now show no profit at all this year to advised stakes and best prices, which as we all know are not always achievable. That's from a total of 650 bets.

Is it really worth all the effort day after day. I know from reading other blogs and forums that other people who use their service are filtering out certain selections based on prices or even days of the week.

Now for me, you shouldn't have to do that - the tipsters themselves should be doing the filtering if any is required before the tips ever get sent out - either the service is profitable or it isn't.

I know that JC regularly monitors and analyses his results, but it's going bloody nowhere at the moment, and we all know it.

Last of their specials coming up at Goodwood the week after next, the pressure is on !



Bets Advised


Tipping Legends

Desert Icon 2pts win @ 7/2 - LAST (SP 5/2)
Kay Two 1pt e/w @ 6/1 - 4TH (SP 6/1)
Baby Strange 0.5 pts e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)


Maths - Selections

Espy win bet @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 9/2)
Madamlily win bet @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 10/3)



Chris, The Form Guru

Toto Skyllachy 1pt win @ 8/1 - LOST (SP 5/1)
Lochan Mor 2pts win @ 11/2 - LOST (SP 4/1)
Inside Story 2pts win @ 6/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)
Bramalea 3pts win @ 4/1 - 2ND (SP 11/4)
PrinceWallywogan 1pt win @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 4/1)
Iceman George 1pt win @ 14/1 - WON (SP 8/1)
Haajes 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - 2ND (SP 8/1)
Kyle 1 pt e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 11/1)



Bets Placed

Desert Icon £200 win @ 4.53 (BF)...........(200)
Kay Two £100 e/w @ 6/1.....................(200)
Baby Strange £50 e/w @ 16/1................(100)
Espy £100 win @ 8/1 - 9/1..................(100)
Madamlily £100 win @ 9/1 - 10/1............(100)
Toto Skyllachy £25 win @ 8/1................(25)
Lochan Mor £50 win @ 5/1....................(50)
Inside Story £50 win @ 5/1..................(50)
Bramalea £75 win @ 4/1......................(75)
PrinceWallywogan £25 win @ 10/1.............(25)
Iceman George £25 win @ 12/1 - 14/1.........231 - 30p rule 4
Haajes £25 e/w @ 14/1........................33 - 15p/20p rule 4
Kyle £25 e/w @ 14/1.........................(50)

Loss on day £711

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well the answer seems easy to me. Lay all of their tips and you will fill your boots. It is clear after 650 bets they are hopeless, so just lay them all and you will be laughing all the way to the bank. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anonymous said...

I also would recommend avoiding the SLH All Weather service. To be honest the service is pretty poor. I have followed it for quite some time. Unlike the SLH mainline, it is inconsistent and seldom produces any decent runs of winners. For what is costs, I wouldn't bother. Concentrate on the SLH mainline only.
NB: you are wrong to bet win only on some of the SLH AW bets. Some of their bets are advised as value place options which won't win but should get in the frame. You have thrown a bit of money away over the months. How many of their e/w advised bets have won since January I ask you...

Anonymous said...

JP's think the above shoud be removed,
looks to me like this blog is starting to
look like a spamming site.

Always respected your post JP but kicking your
services even further in hard times is out of order it was not so long ago I remember you increasing your staking plan on a certain tipster in question.

Still 6 months left to go and I hope for your sake
you do not eat your words!!!

JP said...

Anon 1 and 2 - I'm guessing you're the same person.

If only it were that easy !

As far as SLH's all weather service goes, I agree the returns are pretty modest when compared with his other lines.

However the additional subscription is minimal if you take the other two services, and the A/W bets have been profitable over the time I've done them.

As far as backing them win only is concerned, you are correct in that so far this year this is not the most profitable strategy in that very few of those advised each way have won. Looking at my spreadsheets though, from October 2007 - December 2008 14 of the horses advised each way actually won which would have added significantly to the profits.


Anon #3

Not sure which post you are referring to but I am not in the habit of removing any posts which are put up on here.

As far as I'm concerned anything which appears on this blog is open for discussion - whether it's me and what I write, the way I back the tips or the services themselves.

I don't know why do you say this is starting to look like a spamming site. With respect that is absolute nonsense.

Since I've started doing this, I've made literally dozens of comments about all the services I use, both positive and negative.

I am following these services with hard cash day in, day out and if they are not producing the goods them I'm entitled to say so.

I make an exception for the blogs or sites which put up their tips for free, but the rest are fair game for any praise or criticism coming their way for their results.

If they need a kick, as you put it, they will get one...and if things don't improve then I will drop them - as I have Henry Rix, Mark Holder, Blue Sky Racing and Optimum who between them cost me around £4000 in subs and showed a massive loss !

One last thing, still 6 months left to go for what exactly ?!