Friday, 28 August 2009

More of the same

Friday 28 August


Turning out to be a very poor week, and it will take something special to turn it round over the weekend.

Just two place returns from a couple of seconds today, one of those cut down to nothing by a rule 4, and I head into the weekend with only two outright winners all week from 50 bets advised.

Anyway, there's plenty of action on offer tomorrow, including the last evening turf cards for this year - so hopefully a better day in store.



Bets Advised


Equine Investments

Kashimin £150 win @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 5/1)


Tipping Legends

Tungsten Strike 1pt win @ 9/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Boychuk 1pt win @ 13/2 - LOST (SP 6/1)
Grimes Faith 0.5 pts e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)


Chris, Form Guru

Blazing Heights 1pt win @ 17/2 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Toy Top 1pt win @ 12/1 - 4TH (SP 11/1)
Sweet Gale 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - 2ND (SP 12/1)
Alfresco 1 pt e/w @ 20/1 - LOST (SP 16/1)
Micky Mac 1 pt e/w @ 10/1 (price not there) - 2ND (SP 7/1)
Wood Fairy 1 pt e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Shadowtime 1 pt e/w @ 18/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Luijiana 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - LOST (SP 20/1)



Bets Placed

Kashimin £150 win @ 10/1.......................(150)
Tungsten Strike £100 win @ 8/1.................(100)
Boychuk £100 win @ 6/1.........................(100)
Grimes Faith £50 e/w @ 10/1....................(100)
Blazing Heights £50 win @ 9.43..................(50)
Toy Top £50 win @ 10.5..........................(50)
Sweet Gale £50 e/w @ 14/1.......................125
Alfresco £50 e/w @ 16/1........................(100)
Micky Mac £50 e/w @ 8/1..........................12 - 25p rule 4
Wood Fairy £50 e/w @ 9/1.......................(100)
Shadowtime £50 e/w @ 16/1......................(100)
Luijiana £50 e/w @ 20/1........................(100)

Loss on day £813

3 comments:

Talkbet said...

Form Guru having a complete mare at the moment, I dont play all his bets but was sitting pretty a week ago, blown it all in the last week. What riles me (along with the fact Inside Edge stiffed me over the freebie month) is the arrogance of some of the mails, todays he describes yesterday as a slight loss, with my bets it was the worst day of the month!

Anonymous said...

Hi JP
Cheer up I'm sure your results will pick up, you have done incredibly well up and till now. I just wanted to ask you on your opinion on the website www.betstobefair.co.uk, the guy who owns it claims that by following his Wilkinsons system, you should be able to make around £100k a year!?

I have followed his selections (which are on the right hand side of the website) as the day goes on and they all the selections seem to be arbs where the prices of the horses are normally 5%+ more than what's being layed on the exchanges. He said that he is looking for new apprentices and that he will teach them how to use the system, now once you start making money you pay him 20% of the profits (don't know whether this would be once a month)!? Now if the service is that good, I don't think anybody would mind paying that, the problem is that most if not all the selections are arbs and because of this, I believe you would quickly get restricted by all the bookmakers.

He claims that from his own experience, if you only stake £25 a win and don't bet each way unless the selection is 20/1+, than there would be less chance of being restricted, he has also advised in the past it normally took on average 6 months for the bookmakers to restrict one of his accounts, but how can this be the case when he is normally putting up 60+ selections each day, and as he is using roughly 10 bookmakers that means on average you would place 6 bets per bookmaker every day!? He is also advertising other services on the website, which he claims make a profit and that they are proofed through various sites.

It would be good to know if you have stumbled on this website already, as I would very interested to see what you have to say about it. I'm not sure whether there's any point trying it out? The last thing I want, is to get all my accounts restricted within a space of a week. Maybe I would be better of doing what your doing and just subscribing to good tipsters and placing fewer bets. Out of curiosity how long did it take you to get restricted placing bets of £50+?

Thanks

JP said...

Hi mate,

Been doing these for a while now and these huge swings seem par for the course. No surprise really with the large volume of bets. Unfortunely for me, one of these downturns has coincided with my decision to increase stakes.

Can only get better I suppose !

*****

Hi anon,

Thanks for your good wishes. Just having a bad week, nothing to worry about - looking like it will the worst week of the year so far.

I have a link to the site you mention, but to be honest it's been a while since I looked at what Brian is up to - I do tend to get rather pre-occupied with what I'm doing especially with the long days with the evening racing (which has now finished).

You'll have to satisfy yourself as to the accuracy of the claims made. I don't know anything about the system, or how it works.

If you're only going to be placing bets which are bigger than is available on Betfair, then I wouldn't imagine you'd last that long - although I guess it's how often you have winners or who with which will get your cards marked.

Can't say much more than that really as I don't know what is involved.

As for me, some of the smaller firms have been restricting me for some time, but it's only in the last 4-5 months when things have been reduced to being unworkeable with many of them (ie not letting me have more than a couple of quid on).

In my own name I can still get on with the Big 3, Totesport and Paddy Power, and also Blue Square and Boyles will give me bits, but nearly every bet I ask for is cut
back or referred.

I am using Betfair more and more, and I have accounts ready to go elsewhere now which will enable me to keep going for a while longer yet.


All the best
JP