Monday, 10 August 2009

Small loss - but an interesting day

Monday 10 August


SLH had a 4/1 winner on his all weather line, which was also the price of TFG's winner Wannabe King, who beat The Form Analyst's selection Cape Hawk into second place.

Nothing doing with TFG's other selections and so it was a small losing day for him today.

Equine Investments sent out their text this morning with the stake and price stipulation but unfortunately missed off the name of the horse !

Looking at the odds with Bet365 on my mobile, the tip was one of two - but I decided to wait for confirmation rather than guess which one it was. However once the odds on Phantom Whisper crashed from 12/1 I had my answer, which was confirmed when the text arrived a few moments later.

As with the horse last week, I had to leave it unbacked as I would had never got on elsewhere for the amount I needed, even if the price was still there. An unfortunate error, but things like this will happen occasionally.

I was surprised when Tipping Legends advised the horse an hour later at the much reduced 6/1 - and I made the decision to sit it out, which turned out to be a good call as the horse was never travelling and finished unplaced.

Two more losers from Tipping Legends meant another very disappointing day.

There was a small profit on the horses today, but I need to book the losses on the golf from last night, where Zach Johnson briefly got as high as third place before fading away tamely.



Bets Advised


SLH A/W

Elusive Fame win bet @ 4/1 - WON (SP 7/2)


Equine Investments

Phantom Whisper 1pt win, 0.5 pts e/w @ 12/1 (9/1 for account) - LOST (SP 7/1)


Tipping Legends

Phantom Whisper 1pt win @ 6/1 - LOST (SP 7/1)
Northern Spy 1pt e/w @ 13/2 - 4TH (SP 8/1)
Squirtle 0.5 pts e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)


Tipping Legends (Golf)

Zach Johnson 1pt e/w @ 40/1 (w/o Woods) - TIED 15TH
Camilo Villegas 1pt e/w @ 45/1 (w/o Woods) - TIED 36TH


The Form Analyst

Cape Hawk 1 pt e/w @ min 5/1 - 2ND (SP 4/1)


Chris, The Form Guru

Snowberry Hill 1 pt e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)
Silver Grey 2pts win @ 9/2 - 2ND (SP 7/2)
Zennerman 1pt e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)
Wannabe King 2pts win @ 9/2 - WON (SP 4/1)
Pearly Wey 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)
Bolanderi 1pt e/w @ 16/1 - 4TH (SP 6/1)



Bets Placed

Elusive Fame £100 win @ 4/1....................400
Northern Spy £100 e/w @ 6/1...................(200)
Squirlte £50 e/w @ 10/1.......................(100)
Zach Johnson £100 e/w @ 35/1 - 40/1...........(200)
Camilo Villegas £100 e/w @ 40/1 - 45/1........(200)
Cape Hawk £100 e/w @ 6/1........................20
Snowberry Hill £25 e/w @ 10/1..................(50)
Silver Grey £50 win @ 4/1......................(50)
Zennerman £25 e/w @ 10/1.......................(50)
Wannabe King £50 win @ 4/1.....................200
Pearly Wey £25 e/w @ 12/1......................(50)
Bolanderi £25 e/w @ 14/1.......................(50)

Loss on day £330

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey

Your having a good year this year ... I'm a member of SLH and Winnerform..

I have heard a few good things since Mark Holder went underground... Do you have any contact for him ?

Kevin Hirst said...

I am laying the SLH all weather service and have made a clear profit since 1st May until the present day. Another donkey today. I lay at £100 per go. It's more profitable than backing the horses.

JP said...

Hi Nathan,

I was with Mark Holder for six months when I first started doing this.

However I stopped as there weren't enough winners - plenty of places but only 3 winners in over 4 months wasn't what I was looking for.

He's taken the service "underground" now and it remains closed to new entrants as far as I am aware. I've heard results are very good these days, but I don't have any details.


All the best
JP

dazz said...

to nathan are winnerform good then

dazz said...

can you give me info on winnerform nathan