Sunday, 9 August 2009

Sunday Staking

Sunday 9 August


OK, how does this sound - 10 bets on the horses today included a 33/1 winner and a 14/1 second, and it's a losing day !!!

The 33/1 winner was a 0.5 pt e/w bet on Tropical Duke advised by Chris, The Form Guru - well backed on-course into an SP of 14/1, took the lead in the final furlong and just hung on for the win. 5 other bets from TFG, but no more returns.

The Form Analyst played in the 5.10 at Redcar with Conjecture and Elkhorn, and it was Elkhorn who finished second to Just Sam, and ensured a small profit on TFA bets today. I put Conjecture and Elkhorn in a reverse forecast, but Conjecture was never really travelling and so I knew my fate there from an early stage.

Checked Nose Ahead's blog and notice he had also tipped up two in the Redcar 5.10, although I didn't receive a text as I usually do.

These additional bets meant I ended up staking £650 on one race plus my forecast (in this case a crappy 18 runner handicap), which is far too much really and it's a situation that I don't like at all.

So the staking was all wrong today, and it's an issue which I've wrestled with ever since I started doing this. As always you can never have enough on your winners, but if you have a 33/1 winner you shouldn't ever be losing on the day I don't think ! Something else to think about.

Will settle the golf later on tonight, have an each way bet on Zach Johnson in the without Tiger Woods market). He was in a 10-way tie for 6th place overnight, so hopefully he can shoot a low number tonight and I can get a few quid.


Bets Advised


The Form Analyst

Conjecture 1pt e/w @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)
Elkhorn 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - 2ND (SP 9/1)


Nose Ahead

Nufoudh 0.5 pts e/w @ 25/1 - LOST (SP 14/1)
Sardan Dancer 1.5 pts win @ 10/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)


Chris, The Form Guru

Feasible 2pts win @ 5/1 - LOST (SP 9/2)
Royal Premium 2pts win @ 7/1 - 4TH (SP 11/2)
Tropical Duke 0.5 pts e/w @ 33/1 - WON (SP 14/1)
Kapsiliat 2pts win @ 8/1 - LOST (SP 7/1)
Markadam 0.5 pts e/w @ 33/1 - LOST (SP 33/1)
Baby Queen 2pts e/w @ 9/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)



Bets Placed

Conjecture £100 e/w @ 12/1...................(200)
Elkhorn £100 e/w @ 14/1.......................250
Nufoudh £50 e/w @ 25/1.......................(100)
Sardan Dancer £150 win @ 10/1................(150)
Feasible £50 win @ 5/1........................(50)
Royal Premium £50 win @ 6/1...................(50)
Tropical Duke £12.50 e/w @ 33/1...............516
Kapsiliat £50 win @ 7/1 - 8/1.................(50)
Markadam £12.50 e/w @ 33/1....................(25)
Baby Queen £50 e/w @ 8/1.....................(100)
Personal - £50 r/f 5.10 Redcar...............(100)

Loss on day £59

2 comments:

mrh-beats said...

Hi JP - just had an interesting online chat with skybet after they put some restrictions on my account - the last bit i thought was quite interesting - transcript below with the names taken out. What I thought was most interesting was the pretty much confirmation that they don't like winning punters.

21:08:04 http://media.skybet.com/chat/bet/bet_nocb_v2.html
21:08:04 Thanks for contacting Sky Bet Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly........
21:08:04 J has joined this session!
21:08:04 Connected with J
21:08:04 Hi M, my name's J. How can I help you today?
21:08:52 Hi - I noticed over the weekend that you've started putting some pretty severe restrictions on my bets - a limit of about £6 on one bet - can you tell me why and on which types of bets i have a restriction?
21:09:14 Can I take your User ID please?
21:09:21 oh and £4 on a golf bet.
21:10:14 There is a restriction on there that has been made placed on there by our compilers, which is a trading decision
21:10:49 ok yes but on which types of bets - is it uk horse racing and golf only - what about football?
21:11:54 It is placed on the account as a whole, so, online your restrictions will be across the board, however if you call our bet line you may be able to place more
21:12:21 ah right ok - what opportunity is there to lift the restriction online in the future?
21:12:59 Unfortunately there is no way of changing this. Once a restriction is in place it will remain there]
21:13:56 ok - so i win a few bets and you don't like it so you restrict my account? Presume that means that the only way i can continue with skybet is to lose money which doesn't seem right - sounds a bit one sided!!
21:14:49 I understand that, however you can still place bets, just not as much. At the end of the day we are a business too.
21:16:17 i know but when i want to bet £100 to offer me £6 is not much use. At least you clarified the point that skybet doesn't like winning punters!! No worries as long as i understand what's happening i can move all my cash out! Thanks for your help - appreciate it.

JP said...

interesting read mate, and just goes to show that they are just scum who are leeching on the sport and on the losing punters.

I checked my Skybet account over the weekend as I am now restricted to 1/100 of the available to bet amount shown on the internet.

I've been using the account since September 2007, and I've actually deposited £1553 more than I've withdrawn - yes it's a losing account and effectively I can't have a bet with them, despite what Matt Dull, sorry Doyle, might say on the telly.

They're all bastards mate !!!