Saturday, 15 August 2009

They Don't Want You To Win

Just thought I'd share with you a couple of lines from an e-mail Bet365 sent me today regarding my account.

"I can confirm that you will no longer be receiving any free bets or bonuses on your account.

In regards to your account, the amount offered to a customer depends on the nature of the event and our Traders' estimate of the likely profitability of that customer's business.

We are sorry that the amount offered in this case is less than you would like to have staked."

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth so to speak.



Come and bet with us, have a free bet if you like, best odds guaranteed, beat Victor, we've laid this, blah blah blah.

How would you like your bullshit sir ?

It's all just one big con, designed to extract the maximum from those who can afford it least.

As from Monday we have to pay Racing UK £20 a month for the privilege of watching these parasites every day.

They should just crawl under the nearest rock (Gibraltar perhaps).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take 20k of them in 3 months, and expect them to gladly accept your bets??? Get real - who the hell do you think you are??? Your blog used to be interesting, but I'd say you are getting a bit too big for your boots. Put your ego away.

If someone had taken 20 grand off you in 3 months - would you want to continue taking their money?

Rob

Anonymous said...

It seems to be a case of them not wanting informed punters at all. I had an account that had lost almost £1000 in the few weeks it was open and that was restricted to almost nothing after 39 bets. All of the horse bets beat SP so they don't want that kind of business. They act like spoilt children when it doesn't go their way and even when it does they want more.

JP said...

Hi Rob,

I'll tell you who I am - I'm a punter who has lost money from betting for more years than I care to remember, but in the last couple of years I've found something that works for me and I've managed to turn things around.

I wasn't surprised that the plug was pulled on my account given the recent run that I had, but do you think they'd have done the same if I had lost £20,000 over the last few months - of course they wouldn't.

They'd have been throwing free bets and bonuses and whatever at me as if they were going out of fashion.

William Hill announced two weeks ago that they had made a profit of £111 million in the first half of this year. Yet they wouldn't lay me more than a fiver on an 8/1 shot this morning !

Both Hills and Ladbrokes are off to Gibraltar, joining those other brave souls VC and Stan James to avoid paying tax on their profits and levy to the sport, which has bankrolled them for the last 40 odd years.

They're all the same - just parasites, but while ever I can take a few quid off them every week then I will do.

As for the rest of your comment, well you're entitled to your opinion but it's not a description I recognise.

Maybe it would be more interesting for you if I was losing every week.

*********

Hi anon, exactly - they don't want people who are clued up, or who take top prices, or best odds guaranteed, or free bets, or cash back or any of the other rubbish they come up with on a daily basis !

Anonymous said...

JP - I admire anyone who wins, indeed it has taken me over 20 years to develop a strategy for winning consistently, but it doesn't involve bookmakers like Bet365 - only a fool would assume that they can keep betting with someone when they continue winning. I have NO workable betting accounts - not one. Anyone who develops a strategy which relies of them is being criminally naive. That is how the industry works, and has done for the past ten years or so.

That's all there is to it - it's a business, and if I was losing consistently I'd stop - it's the same for a bookmaker, if you don't like it - change your strategy.

Rob