Thursday, 10 September 2009

Wednesday

Wednesday 10 September


Still in catch-up mode today, with a bet in the last race of the day last night and also action with the World Cup qualifiers it was getting late by the time everything was done and dusted.

Try and get back to normal tonight with an update on the Thursday action.

Another profitable day on Wednesday, thanks largely to Chris, The Form Guru who weighed in with another big winner, Incomparable (adv 12/1) which was backed down to an SP of 6/1, always up there and won by over two lengths.

Other winners on the day came from Equine Investments and Punter Profits.

SLH had a loser on his main service, and two more losers on the A/W line - which is having a poor run at present.

Managed to collect on the Salisbury Winabob bet as mentioned yesterday, as the Czech Republic, Germany and Spain all won.

Football Elite were undone by Slovakia for the second time in four days, as the bet was for a Northern Ireland victory - 2-0 defeat effectively ending their chances of qualifying.




Bets Advised


SLH Private

My Condor 2pts win @ 3/1 - LOST (SP 9/2)


SLH Exchange

Brenin Taran win bet @ 2/1 - 2ND (SP 6/4)
Jiggalong e/w bet @ 7/1 - LOST (SP 6/1)


Equine Investments

Total Impact 1.25 pts win @ 3/1 - WON (SP 5/2)


Chris, The Form Guru

Moorhouse Lad 2pts win @ 9/2 - LOST (SP 5/1)
Agento Parmagiano 1 pt e/w @ 8/1 - 3RD (SP 8/1)
Incomparable 1 pt e/w @ 12/1 - WON (SP 12/1)


Punter Profits

Hintsnallagations (system C) - WON (SP 6/5)


Football Elite

N Ireland (v Slovakia) 10pts win @ 2.63 - LOST 0-2



Bets Placed

My Condor £200 win @ 9/2....................(200)
Brenin Taran £100 win @ 2/1.................(100)
Jiggalong £100 win @ 7/1....................(100)
Total Impact £125 win @ 3/1..................375
Moorhouse Lad £100 win @ 5.5................(100)
Agento Parmagiano £50 e/w @ 8/1...............30
Incomparable £50 e/w @ 12/1..................750
Hintsnallegations £100 win @ 5/4.............125
N Ireland £200 win @ 2.56...................(200)
Salisbury £200 win @ Evens (in acca).........228
Personal - Capable Guest £50 win @ 14/1......(50)

Profit on day £758

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

I wonder if you could give me your opinions/advice with regards to online bookmakers? Who do you recommend and who would you avoid? I have had betting accounts with Ladbrokes, Betfair and Skybet. While Betfair is a good innovation it does little to help place bets on early prices to the stakes I deal with (£50 per point). I have tried Skybet recently but they started capping my stakes and sometimes only let me have stupid bets like win-only up to £25 or £5 each way. It's just unfair. So much time was wasted waiting for the trading team's approval that I often lost prices in the mad rush to get bets on. Can you give me some advice? I know you were doing well with Bet365 until recently so I might try them next. I'm loathed to use Betfair exclusively because it doesn't allow me to bet the way I want to bet. I want to be able to take advised prices using my staking plan. Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Graham said...

Oi mate, have you packed the day job in yet? Can't imagine you get much work done with all these bets, e-mails and phonecalls going on from late morning onwards!

What is your profession if you don't mind my asking?

JP said...

Hi Jonathan,

I would recommend you open accounts with as many firms as you can. Certainly all the ones which appear on Oddschecker.

Having said that firms such as Sporting Bet, Betfred and Skybet are bookmakers in name only - complete waste of space, as you've already found with Skybet.

Another option is to open credit accounts, which will give you another outlet - certainly get them with the Big three.

However, if you are successful it's only a matter of time until you are eventually restricted or closed down altogether, and then you're looking at betting in cash in the shops or via accounts in the names of friends and family.

I'm using Betfair where I can at the moment, as well as what I can do in my own name. I've opened accounts with one or two firms who don't appear on oddschecker and I also have accounts with friends / family which are ready to go when I need them.

In the situation you are in just now, I don't know if these suggestions will work or not but try to avoid placing bets via the oddschecker site.

You're always looking for the best price, but if you can see it's gone on Betfair when you're looking early it might be an idea not to take that price to avoid being marked as an arber.

Not sure if you're following tipsters or not, but you'll get marked if you are and it's obvious where the bets are coming from.

Share the best around a bit, if you have a decent win then avoid that bookie for a while.

It does seem pretty random how these firms operate - as I said Bet365 did at least play the game with me for a long time before they slammed the breaks on, but other people will say they were cut to pennies after just a few bets.

Similarly my experience with Stan James is that I was quickly restricted whereas other people say the exact opposite.

Don't know if these will help at all, it's not really how I did it - but gradually my options have been reduced in the last few months.

Just take what you can, where you can.

Hope this of some use, if anyone else has any thoughts then please post a comment.


*


Hi Graham, only 2-3 days a week now but I don't want to be there at all now to be honest.

Work in the accounts dept for a small company - pretty uninspiring stuff really.

When I am there I fit in the betting round my lunch hour and frequent breaks !

Get the e-mails and texts on my phone and do the best I can with the time available.

Giving it till Christmas, when I'm going for a long holiday, then see how this plays out when I get back.

Matt said...

Hi JP, I only found your blog recently, it's a good read! I'm a trader now but years and years ago I tried a lot of (losing) tipsters so I am quite amazed to see you in profit with several - good stuff!

I was particularly amazed to see SLH in profit after I lost thousands on his useless tips back at the end of the 1990's (I tried all 3 services he was operating at the time including the really expensive one). Glad for you (& him!) that he's in profit now.

The Inside Rail Form Guru service looks very good and with a free 30-day trial I think that is a great offer. I've just subscribed and I mentioned that I'd learnt of their service from your blog - hope this is ok with you.

It has been a long time since I used any other firm than Betfair. As I am trading most days, I will be able to place bets just before the race. I note that many of the IR tips are e/w. Do you think that I'll get as good value splitting the stake on Betfair 50/50 win/place markets as I would backing e/w with firms? Should I reinstate accounts with the bookies? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Cheers!

JP said...

Hi Matt,

Good to hear from you, and glad to hear you've been doing well.

Some of the prices quoted by TFG are with bookmakers such as Sporting Bet, Betfred, Skybet, Stan James - who won't lay a decent bet, and will very quickly cut you down if you have winners with them.

I'm placing quite a few bets on Betfair these days as my accounts have been restricted. The place part is generally, but not always, worse when the bets are given out, especially taking commission into account.

If I can't get on with the bookies, then I will ask for the advised place price on Betfair and hope to get a match nearer the off time.

Open some accounts and you'll have a choice of which way to go - as many of the firms now pay best odds guaranteed you will benefit if the SP is bigger.

One word of caution re TFG. Couple of people have posted on here that they have been billed for the next month despite cancelling before the free trial ended. If you've joined via paypal then you'll be fine but you need to keep an eye on this if you decide not to conitinue.

Also be prepared for wild swings in your P&L - they can win and lose 50-60 point within 3 or 4 days so set yourself up accordingly.

If you need any more info, give me a shout.


Good luck
JP