Monday, 19 October 2009

Expensive for a Monday

Monday 19 October


Not the best start to the week with over £1000 lost, and just one winner on the day plus a successful lay.

SLH put up Kashima for the second time in as many weeks, and the result was the same as last time - 4th !

On his exchange line he advised a lay of Particle, and he managed to get this one beat despite it trading at 1.1 in running.

No returns from any of The Form Guru's bets today, so start the week with a 14 point loss which is nothing out of the ordinary for him.

The Form Analyst gave a two point win bet on Go Amwell, never nearer than the fourth place when it crossed the line, some way behind Orchard King, which was the Punter Profits bet today.

No joy either for Tipping Legends today, the most noteworthy run was by Tabaret - advised each way, was in the lead less than 100 yards from the line, traded 1.21 in running for the win, and didn't finish in the first three !

Hope for a better day tomorrow.



Bets Advised


SLH Private

Kashmina 2pts win @ min 7/2 - 4TH (SP 7/2)


SLH Exchange

Particle 1pt lay at max 2.75 - LOST


The Form Analyst

Go Amwell 2pts win @ 9/1 - 4TH (SP 13/2)


Chris, The Form Guru

Special Reserve 2pts win @ 8/1 - 3RD (SP 8/1)
Dubai Crest 1 pt e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)
Maybeme 1pt e/w @ 16/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)
Bosamcliff 2pts win @ 8/1 - 2ND (SP 7/1)
My Girl Jode 1 pt e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 9/1)
Fantino 1 pt e/w @ 16/1 - LOST (SP 14/1)
Mandurah 1 pt e/w @ 14/1 - 4TH (SP 10/1)


Punter Profits

Orchard King (system D) - WON (SP 7/4)


Tipping Legends

Tabaret 1.5 pts e/w @ 13/2 - 4TH (SP 13/2)
Markington 2pts win @ 3/1 - 2ND (SP 7/2)
Mandurah 1pt e/w @ 14/1 - 4TH (SP 10/1)



Bets Placed

Kashmina £170 win @ 7/2 - 9/2, £30 on BF.........(200)
Particle £100 lay @ 2.6 (net)......................96
Go Amwell £100 win @ 9/1, £100 on BF.............(200)
Special Reserve £100 win @ 8.91..................(100)
Dubai Crest £50 e/w on BF........................(100)
Maybeme £50 e/w on BF............................(100)
Bosamcliff £100 win @ 9.1........................(100)
My Girl Jode £50 e/w on BF.......................(100)
Fantino £50 e/w on BF............................(100)
Mandurah £50 e/w on BF...........................(100)
Orchard King £100 win @ 3.4 (net).................234
Tabaret £75 e/w on BF............................(150)
Markington £100 win @ 4.5........................(100)
Mandurah £50 e/w on BF...........................(100)

Loss on day £1120

10 comments:

AJ said...

How long since a winning bet from SLH on the Private Service JP?

JP said...

Hi AJ,

Last outright winner was on 8 September.

Since then 11 bets - one each way place, two each way doubles with place returns.

13 points down over that period, currently 21 points off the highpoint for the year.


JP

Tim said...

HI JP,Do you get the prices that The Form Guru gives out?
How do you back these on BF each way? How do find this service?

Tim

JP said...

Hi Tim,


Most of the time I can't get the advised prices as they are only with firms I can't get a bet on with - Sportingbet, VC, Skybet, Stan James etc.

I'm using Betfair more and more, ask for the advised prices and leave orders hoping to get matched later on.

For the each way bets, I work out the place fraction and try and get a match in the place market. Not easy and often you are looking at taking under the odds, especially in handicaps with four places.

There's a link to Inside Rail (who host The Form Guru service) on the right hand side of my blog. If you are interested in joining, I recommend you pay via paypal, as Inside Rail have a record of failing to cancel subs on time when people decide to leave.


All the best
JP

Tim said...

Hi JP, Thank for the reply.
You have had a fantasic year to date.Can I ask you what size bank did you start of with? Do you keep sepatate banks for each service or how do you manage it?

Tim.

sidney said...

Hi JP,
I have been considering SLH for a while, do you think he is better on the NH or pretty consistent all year round?

Cheers Sid

MJ said...

Hi JP,

I enjoy the blog and subscribe to SLH private and exchange. Ahead on the year although I have lost some winnings last 2 months. SLH is very selective and I want more action, although SLH is a good judge. What service would you recommend results wise and value for money?

JP said...

Hi guys,

running late tonight. I'll reply tomorrow when I've got a bit more time.

JP

Anonymous said...

Hi JP, Thank for the reply.
You have had a fantasic year to date.Can I ask you what size bank did you start of with? Do you keep sepatate banks for each service or how do you manage it?

Tim.

JP said...

Sorry guys, didn't realise I'd not responded to these latest comments.

Tim,

I started doing this back in September 2007 with a bank of £6000, and I spent around £4000 on subs.

I had more money in reserve which I could use if needed, but straight away I went on a very good run winning £5000 by the end of 2007.

I now use a working bank of £20,000 - meaning the cash I keep in my current account or in the bookies and Betfair accounts. I then have a further £30,000 in reserve should things go dramatically wrong.

I don't keep a seperate bank for each service, but I have in mind what I need for each and whether I can afford to increase stakes from time to time.

Theoretically I should have over a 100K bank if you look at the recommended bank sizes of the services I use, but I think 50K should cover most situations.


*****

Hi Sidney,

The vast majority of SLH's tips are on the NH even during the flat season. Without looking it up I think he's only had 4 bets on the flat this season and they all lost. Things have been pretty quiet over the last few months, but I would expect that things will start moving forward again now the main NH season is here. No guarantees of course !


****

Hi MJ,

I'm very happy with most of the services I'm following although Maths is causing me some concerns after a poor year. I'm always keeping things under review though and make adjustments to my portfolio as and when I see fit.

Equine Investments has been the star of my portfolio in the last few months and has been worth every penny of the sub. Check out the weekly P&L I put together on a Sunday evening and will give you a round up of how things have gone this year.

Are there any services you've looked at which I may know about ?



All the best
JP