Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Another mad day !

Tuesday 17 November


Superb day today with six winners and a huge profit.

JC has been on fire since I resumed with Tipping Legends a month ago and, after a near miss yesterday, he was back with two more winners today - Elusive Flame at 8/1 and Punching at 4/1, both at Southwell.

SLH has returned to form on his mainline and four of his last seven have now gone in after Portrait Royal won today. Managed to get 4/1 about the selection, returned at an SP of 11/4.

The all weather bet, Clear Sailing, finished second.

Day off for The Form Guru yesterday, but he was back in business today with two winners - Shadows Lengthen at an advised price of 12/1, and he was also on Punching.

One bet from Punter Profits and they were on to a winner as well with Dusk at Fakenham. Got £100 on early on Betfair at 3.66, then did another £100 at 4.05 half an hour before the race. Checked the market two minutes before the off and it was trading bigger than 9/2. Had another £100 on at 5.75, with the intention of laying it back in-running to get a better average price. All worked out OK and I averaged just under 4/1 after commission.

Never had time to look at Pricewise Extra today, so no idea what it was or whether it won.



Bets Advised


SLH Private

Portrait Royal 2pts win @ 3/1 - WON (SP 11/4)


SLH A/W

Clear Sailing win @ min 9/2 - 2ND (SP 2/1)


Chris, The Form Guru

Far More Serious 2pts win @ 5/1 - 2ND (SP 5/1)
Punching 2pts win @ 4/1 - WON (SP 7/2)
Andorn 1pt e/w @ 18/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)
Shadows Lengthen 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - WON (SP 11/1)
Moon Money 1pt e/w @ 16/1 - LOST (SP 9/1)


Punter Profits

Dusk (system D) - WON (SP 11/4)


Tipping Legends

Misty Dancer 1pt e/w @ 14/1 - LOST (SP 16/1)
Elusive Flame 2pts win @ 8/1 - WON (SP 8/1)
Punching 3pts win @ 4/1 - WON (SP 7/2)



Bets Placed

Portrait Royal £200 win @ 4/1........................800
Clear Sailing £100 win @ 9/2........................(100)
Far More Serious £100 win @ 6.0.....................(100)
Punching £100 win @ 5.0 (net)........................385
Andorn £50 e/w on BF................................(100)
Shadows Lengthen £50 e/w @ 13.0/4.0 (net)............726
Moon Money £50 e/w on BF............................(100)
Dusk £300 @ 3.66/4.05/5.75, £100 lay @ 3.4 (net).....776
Misty Dancer £100 e/w on BF.........................(200)
Elusive Flame £100 win @ 9, £100 @ 9.2(net).........1560
Punching £200 win @ 5, £100 win @ 5.1 (net).........1166

Profit on day £4813

14 comments:

Jonathan said...

Good to see the SLH Private Service selection romp home today. Pity the All Weather Service selection had such a poor jockey on board - should have won really. Was well backed into 2/1 in the end. This brings me onto a grumble with Rob Lewis Hamilton (RLH). Have you noticed that, on the website, which he updates, he massages the results? For example, Nakoma won last week at an advised minimum price of 4/1, which I took, but drifted and eventually won at 9/1, which is the quoted price on the SLH site. Conversely, Nacho Libre also won last week. Advised at a minimum price of 9/1 but got backed in to 5/1. Of course 9/1 is the figure quoted on RBH's profit account. It is inconsistent. Either they need to quote profits at SP or at advised prices. I am happy for advised prices to be quoted but not a mix of the two! It is simply a massage of the truth. I will have to have words with Rob about this. It has been going on for a long time now, with the AW service, not the Private service. Best wishes and keep up the good work.

JP said...

Hi Jonathan,

Didn't see any of the racing today as was busy at work - didn't even get to listen to any of the commentaries, maybe that's the way I should do it from now on !

Been a while since I looked at the website, but I agree that's sharp practice really.

Notice similar with the Exchange service - quotes Well Chief at 3.9 (BFSP), the advised price was a minimum of 3.0 !

He is very fair with the advised prices on the mainline bets - they don't last long but if you're quick then you can often beat the minimum.

Thanks for that mate, very interesting.


JP

Brian said...

JP How much do you actally spend on tipsters info each year?
This obviously will reduce profit margins especially when going full time.

JP said...

Hi Brian,

I've spent £6650 so far this year. This includes SLH to end of Nov 2010 and Isiris to end of Aug next year.

TL renewal due at end of this month and Maths and TFG are on monthly subs.

Will take them all off at the end of the year, and reckon it all up then.

Also factor in other cost such as additional phone bills, mobile internet etc. Sky / RUK subs - but I would have these anyway.

Cheers
JP

phil said...

hi JP nice to see things going well it must be good all around as my blog has again been firing in the winners having a great time of it lately with winners at 5/1,
11/2, 2/1, 9/1 and a 14/1 (placed)
also had a few non blog bets win
(2yesterday) just thought i would keep you up2 date as your blog has brought a few people over to mine and i hope its worked
vice-versa.
p.s more importantly we are 5 months in profit now and prices have been reduced with the state of the country at the minute and with xmas on the horizon
thanks and regards phil @
www.bettinglayingclub.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Rob Lewis Hamilton has massaged the figures to make the service look better than it really is. In all honesty the All Weather service is pretty shit. The profit figures the SLH team quote are inaccurate and a massaged version of the truth. It makes me very angry when people behave like that. Just for the record the AW selection today was shocking.

Jonathan said...

My best policy for getting money on the SLH selections is stationing myself in one of my local Ladbrokes in London five minutes before the lunchtime message comes through. Then, get the tip if there is one, write out my slip and lump on catching the price in good time without fannying about with Skybet or any other internet/phone-based trading team tossers who waste my time and lose my prices. The best/fastest method is a wad of cash in your hand and getting on in the shop. The staff don't restrict me in Ladbrokes (quite the opposite in fact!) Coral, however, have general restrictions on some race with regards each way bets. I bet £50 per point on SLH so not quite as much as you. Still, you could try the shop method if your accounts get completely clamped down! If SLH has no account business I simply go and have my lunch and don't get drawn into the chase - still it is hard sometimes - especially now racing is starting so early! Poor day today for me. I hope you did better.

Anonymous said...

Shit day today. Lost another £2000 in three hours.

Anonymous said...

When do you finish your part-time job? What will you do in the new year?

Steve said...

Hello, just stumbled across this wonderful blog. You are a joy to read. In your humble opinion, who are your best two tipsters? For reliability, value for money and consistency? Just like your opinion.

Anonymous said...

Do you enjoy the thought of making a living from betting JP? Just wondered how it felt to make money on other's tips rather than feeling you were working it out for yourself. Let me know your feelings on what you do.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how much money SLH bets per point??

Jonathan said...

There is a line on SLH's website which reads: All bets supplied in advance to Racing Post for their independent substantiation. What the hell does that mean?

JP said...

Hi Phil,

Pleased to see things are going well for you - keep up the good run.

Best of luck
JP

*


Hi anon,

Made my view clear on this yesterday. I try and give a fair and realistic view of what can be achieved on my weekly round-up every Sunday, including profits to advised stakes and prices.

It's only fair that I do that as I have played my own game with the stakes at times, and also to account for bets I've missed.

Think my results are far more accurate !

*

Hi Jonathan,

If the shops work for you mate then go for it.

Can't remember the last time I had a bet in a shop to be honest, but it's another option for me as well as the new accounts.

Not sure I fancy walking around here with £2000 in my pocket though !

*

Hi anon, yeah another bad day.

*

Anon, well this will be my sole source of income. I don't intend getting another job.

Not sure if that's what you mean - if you mean what will I do all day, well I'm sure I can keep myself well entertained !

*

Hi Steve,

Glad you enjoy the blog and good of you to comment. Both Equine Investments and SLH have had outstanding years. They are both expensive and it's hard to get the advised prices but the rewards are there if you work at it.

Recently started following the Tipping Legends again and they're having a great run just now.

I've also joined Football Elite, this is my first season and it's got off to a great start. Easy to follow and easy to get the bets on.

All the best
JP

*


Hi anon,

While I agree there's nothing better than picking your own winners, I really do enjoy doing what I've done for the last couple of years.

I can't wait to finish work - I've been working more than 20 years and I can honestly say I've never had a job I've really enjoyed doing.

I've got enough money to have a go at punting full-time and just going to see how I get on.

*

Hi anon - wouldn't have a clue on that.

*


Jonathan,

Not sure exactly how it works, but as far as I know all the tipsters who advertise in the Racing Post send their bets in to the RP after they have given them out with selections and prices, prior to the race taking place.

Obviously all the services are only going to advertise their winners, but you need to take most claims with a pinch of salt.

Don't think there's anything to stop you claiming whatever you like on your website.