Monday, 2 November 2009

Great start to the week

Monday 2 November


Only two of my services in action today, but that was enough for me to get the week off to a flier.

Two bets advised by Tipping Legends - with Leyte Gulf getting me the readies in the last race at Wolverhampton.

Advised as a 3 point bet at 9/2, available with four bookies, but I only managed to get £19 on at that price. Managed to get 4/1 elsewhere, but despite using six different firms I still had to put £52 on with Betfair. Beat the SP of 10/3 though which is the main thing.

The other TL bet was Fairyland, who finished third.

SLH put up Squirtle each way at 8/1 on his all weather line. She finished third behind Leyte Gulf.

Also put the two together in a reverse forecast, but never looked like collecting as Squirtle stayed on from the back to grab third place close home.

I've been following the Pricewise Extra selections on the Racing Post website for the last week or so and today's two bets produced two winners.

You Can Of Course (adv 3/1 - Boyles, Sporting) and Shillingstone (adv 5/1 Lads). Didn't get the advised price on either as they were cut within a minute of going on-line but 11/4 and 4/1 was OK.



Bets Advised


SLH A/W

Squirtle e/w @ 8/1 - 3RD (SP 11/2)


Tipping Legends

Fairyland 2pts win @ 10/3 - 3RD (SP 11/4)
Leyte Gold 3pts win @ 9/2 - WON (SP 10/3)



Bets Placed

Squirtle £100 win @ 8/1...............(100)
Fairyland £200 win @ 10/3.............(200)
Leyte Gold £18.94 win @ 9/2.............85
Leyte Gold £229 win @ 4/1..............916
Leyte Gold £52.06 @ 5.1 (net)..........206
Personal - Pricewise Extra.............337
Personal - 4.50 Wolves £50 r/f........(100)

Profit on day £1144

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hi, just a quick question: how do you go about declaring your outlays and returns on your tax return? I know betting is tax free but presumably you need to declare what you have gained. Also, if you ever bet in cash or receive money in cash, how do you declare that? Do you need to keep receipts of all bets placed? I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter. Many thanks.

Eddy Dixon said...

Well done, going great guns i have a blog if u add would be grateful.

http://tradingtimez.blogspot.com/

cheers keep up the good work !!

JP said...

Hi Jonathan,

Profits from gambling in this country are tax free.

To quote the HM Revenue and Customs website..."The fact that a taxpayer has a system by which they place their bets, or that they are sufficiently successful to earn a living by gambling does not make their activities a trade."

I don't fill a tax return in as I am presently employed and taxed under the PAYE system - at least until Christmas.

I won't be declaring any of my profits to the Inland Revenue - I don't need to, but I have full records of all my bets should they make any enquiries in the future.

**


Hi Eddy,

Thanks very much - I'll link you up now. Best of luck to you.



JP