Friday, 20 November 2009

Not feeling Two Grand

Friday 20 November


Another big loss today with only one winner from 19 tips, on top of which the Pricewise Extra and Maths mentions all lost as well.

Getting used to the wild swings, which are inevitable given the amount of bets and the stakes I'm placing. As long as the overall trend continues in an upward direction I'm not too concerned with what each day might bring.

Saying that I'm £300 below where I was when I had the big golf win on Ryan Moore, which was three months ago now, and also £5000 off the peak I hit earlier this month so it would be good to string four or five good winning days together.

Anyway today just the one winner as I said - Pavillon Bleu at 7/1 for The Form Guru, which in fact was the only return today.

Four out of four losers Tipping Legends shipping eight points, the long losing run for The Form Analyst goes on - today's tipped backed from 20/1 into 8/1 but ran like a 100/1 shot.

Song Sung Blue was a loser for both Punter Profits and the SLH Exchange line, and these two were on the same horse later in the afternoon. PP backed Mutual Friend, while SLH advised a place lay of the horse. SLH was proved correct, unfortunately the advised maximum lay price had already gone by the time I looked and it drifted all afternoon so I didn't get on.

Final one for Punter Profits was Dontpaytheferryman - a recent winner for the service, but could only manage third today, and a double blow as it was advised on two systems.

Expect it will be a big weekend for me assuming everything goes ahead. Already laid out £2000 on football bets for the next couple of days and the racing will be as busy as ever.

Best wishes for a profitable weekend.



Bets Advised


SLH Exchange

Song Sung Blue 1pt back at min 2.35 - LOST
Mutual Friend 1pt place lay at max 3.40 - UNPLACED


The Form Analyst

Kirkside Pleasure 1pt e/w @ 20/1 - LOST (SP 8/1)


Chris, The Form Guru

Haar 3pts win @ 4/1 - LOST (SP 9/2)
Pavillon Bleu 2pts win @ 7/1 - WON (SP 7/1)
Hopkins 1pt e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)
Dream Garden 0.5 pts e/w @ 25/1 - LOST (SP 25/1)
Secret Tune 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 10/1)
Premier Dane 0.5 pts e/w @ 20/1 - LOST (SP 20/1)
Commit To Memory 1pt e/w @ 12/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)


Punter Profits

Dontpaytheferryman (systems A/D) - 3RD (SP 5/2)
Song Sung Blue (C) - 2ND (SP 11/10)
Mutual Friend (E) - LOST (SP 9/1)


Tipping Legends

Royal Wedding 2pts win @ 7/2 - LOST (SP 4/1)
Hopkins 1pt e/w @ 11/1 - LOST (SP 12/1)
Sunsetten 2pts win @ 15/2 - 4TH (SP 9/2)
Stadbrook 2pts win @ 9/2 - 3RD (SP 4/1)


SLH A/W

Cheery Cat win @ min 7/2 - 3RD (SP 11/2)



Bets Placed

Song Sung Blue £100 back @ 2.39..................(100)
Kirkside Pleasure £100 e/w @ 20/1................(200)
Haar £50 win @ 4/1, £100 on BF...................(150)
Pavillon Bleu £100 win @ 7/1......................700
Hopkins £50 e/w @ 10/1...........................(100)
Dream Garden £12 e/w @ 25/1, rest on BF...........(50)
Secret Tune £50 e/w @ 12/1.......................(100)
Premier Dane £25 e/w on BF........................(50)
Commit To Memory £50 e/w @ 12/1..................(100)
Dontpaytheferryman £250 win @ 15/8, £150 on BF...(400)
Song Sung Blue £200 win @ 6/4....................(200)
Mutual Friend £200 win @ 7/1.....................(200)
Royal Wedding £200 win @ 10/3....................(200)
Hopkins £100 e/w @ 10/1..........................(200)
Sunsetten £200 win @ 7/1.........................(200)
Stradbrook £109 win @ 4/1 - 9/2, £91 on BF.......(200)
Cheery Cat £100 win @ 7/2........................(100)
Personal - Pricewise Extra / Maths...............(150)

Loss on day £2000

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please ask TFA a question, what will he do once his 100 point bank is gone? he is very very close now, is he going to just carry on and hope people wont pick him up on it?

I am also looking forward to seeing what SBC say about it.

thx.

Anonymous said...

A word of advice regarding SLH:

Between November 2006 and March 2008 the SLH service was in deficit, reaching -83pts in March 2008.

Of course such volatility should be a major concern and on a personal level I stopped backing Steve’s selections in 2007, only returning the service to my portfolio last October when I was satisfied that the form I’d grown used to in 2005 was once more the norm.

Tim Johnson said...

Any thoughts on the Henry Rix racing service? His website looks pretty impressive. Let me know.

JP said...

Hi anon,

You now have your answer.

*


Anon 2

I saw the SBC review of SLH's service and it mentioned that bad run. I joined in September 2007 and missed the worst of it as I only slightly down in the first 5-6 months. He's well and truly kicked-on since then and I've made nearly 400 points over the last couple of years.

As with any service, the long losing run is what you fear most, and whether it's just a bad run or something more serious than that.

I record every single result and am constantly reviewing my portfolio to give me the best chance of making a success of this.

Good luck with your own betting.

*

Hi Tim,

Henry Rix was one of the services I joined when I first started doing this.

In my opinion he's better at writing advertising copy than he is at tipping winners.

He started well enough for me, but then went on a run of 27 losers (26 unplaced) over a period of three months, and my sub came expired at the end of that period and I didn't renew. Thought for £999 for six months I could find something better.

There's virtually no bets in midweek apart from the big meetings (at least when I was with him) so it's essentially a Saturday service.

I don't know what his results are like now, but every time he hits a winning run I get a text or e-mail inviting me to re-subscribe !

If you can get a free trial or a heavily discounted sub then it might be worth taking a look, but as I say, there's a lot better out there.