Sunday, 29 November 2009

Profit and Loss w/e 29/11/2009

So another losing week, and with just one day to go this month it's going to be the worst month I've had in two years - but only the second losing month this year so it was due I guess.

Just three weeks left for me this year now before I have a break prior to going full time next year. It would be good to finish the year off on a high, but there's no way of knowing what will happen. A £50,000 profit would be fantastic - and I'm £4000 off that now after a lousy November, but I'm well pleased with this year regardless of how the next few weeks go.


Loss on week £2,095

Profit year to date £46,001



Results by service for week (per my staking plan)


Maths - Account Bets...................(261)
SLH - Private..........................(788)
SLH - Exchange..........................600
SLH - A/W..............................(400)
Equine Investments........................0
Tipping Legends (Golf).................(500)
Chris, The Form Guru (I/Rail)...........220
Tipping Legends....................... 3738
Punter Profits........................(1450)
Isiris................................(2850)
Paul Jones Midweek Ante-Post...........(200)
Football Elite..........................168
Winabobatoo.............................(5)
Personal Bets / Trades.................(367)

Loss on week £2,095



Results by service YTD (per my staking plan)


Maths - Account Bets.................(1,777)
SLH - Private........................15,816
SLH - Exchange........................2,451
SLH A/W.................................131
Equine Investments (from 01/05/09)...14,052
Tipping Legends (Golf)................2,157
Chris, The Form Guru (from 01/05/09) .4,145
High Class Equine.......................485
Punter Profits (from 01/09/09).......(2,399)
Isiris (from 01/09/09)...............(6,578)
Tipping Legends (from 16/10/09).......8,560
Paul Jones midweek A/P (from 31/10)..(1,331)
Football Elite (from Aug 09)..........5,302
Winabobatoo (from Sep 09)............(1,665)
Personal Bets and Trades.............13,073
Paul Jones (a/p) Chel / Aintree.......1,259
Chel / Aintree others (PJ, Maths etc).1,103
Optimum Racing (to 18/06/09).........(2,442)
theformguru.com (6/5/09-3/7/09)........(409)
Tipping Legends (to 31/08/09)........(8,099)
Maths - Selections......................445
Making It Pay (30/03 - 22/08/09).......(732)
Nose Ahead (07/04 - 31/08/09).........2,998
Best Under (from Aug 09)...............(881)
Maths Bad Horses (Lay)..................710
The Form Analyst (to 21/11/09).........(373)


Profit year to date £46,001


************************************************


Profit / (Loss) by day of week (w/e 29/11/09)


Mon.................325
Tue...............1,629
Wed................(895)
Thu................(855)
Fri................(744)
Sat..............(1,172)
Sun................(383)

TOTAL............(2,095)



Profit / (Loss) by day of week (YTD)


Mon..............9,118
Tue.............23,655
Wed..............5,850
Thu................420
Fri................482
Sat..............6,581
Sun...............(105)

TOTAL...........46,001




***********************************************



Results to advised stakes / prices for week


Maths - Account Bets..................-5.23
SLH Private...........................-7.8
SLH A/W...............................-4
Equine Investments....................0
Tipping Legends - Golf................-5
Chris, The Form Guru (I/rail).........+6.6
Punter Profits........................-7
P Jones midweek service...............-1
Isiris................................-46.6
Tipping Legends.......................+43.13
Football Elite........................+5.6
Winabobatoo...........................-0.02




Results to advised stakes / prices YTD

NB figures quoted are those achieved while I was a member, see dates above


Maths - Account Bets...................-7.79
SLH Private............................+170.45
SLH A/W................................+10.71
Equine Investments.....................+143.78
Tipping Legends - Golf.................+42.99
Chris, The Form Guru...................+210.68
Punter Profits.........................-3.6
P Jones Midweek Ante-Post..............-6.5
Isiris.................................-107.55
Tipping Legends (from 16/10/09)........+139.74
Football Elite.........................+238.25
Winabobatoo............................-8.25

6 comments:

WhoTheHeck said...

Congrats for the year, hope going pro works well, good luck

Cheers
Mike

John said...

Tough times at the moment mate. My set of tipsters is very similar to yours so can appreciate what you are going through. Unfortunate for me that I dropped Tipping Legends just before the shake up so I am on an even worse run than you!

I'm sure you are but keep perspective that you have still made 46k in 11 months which isnt a bad wage when its tax free.

I cant take much more of Isiris I dont think. Was not impressed at the weekend with the way he sprayed the bets around, almost hoping to catch something if he threw enough stuff out there. That wasnt a good sign.

There are a few newish racing tipsters (new to me anyway) lately that look interesting. AWwinners, HorseBettingIndex and 4PA all look to have potential and importantly they all have good, honest guys behind them who wont bullshit when times are tough. AWW is Matt from football elite, HBI is Ian from SBI and 4PA is an SBC thing.

The likes of SLH could learn a lot from these guys about customer service!

Hopefully they will keep on doing the business and I can addd them to the portfolio in the new year.

Anonymous said...

Great blog ...very interesting how you work it.. Can you confirm that the figures shown for Chris - the form guru are as they have suggested ,they are in profit for each of the last 12 months with 700 points being mooted as a total for 09. Surely not true? How do you find that service?
Mick

Anonymous said...

The recent staking of the Isiris service smacks of desperation in an attempt to regain some losses if you ask me.
46 points lost this week :(
Shocking!!
I dont understand why you bother?
Some of the Free services you used to be involved with were better than these clowns.
It seems that SLH and EI are keeping the rest afloat
Jamie

Anonymous said...

JB says,
JP now that your finishing up with work to go full time are you going to start pre-race trading on betfair a la Adam Heathcote and co.
Hows your skill in that area?? This is where the money is i believe no bookies restrictions only working with numbers.

I have been using racing post pricewse extra to help give me some edge as im a liablity to myslef if left to own devices, but focsing on there horse 15mins before the off can notice a general tendancy to drift, so can have some idea in head where its going to go. no problem getting a 2k chunks on at betfair to work with. like todays selection mon30 nov low delta lay @5.1 backed 5.7... I presume becos its come in so much initialy from the 2000 people backing it at 12noon that why will have tendency to drift out and corrct self

JP said...

Thanks very much Mike, best wishes to you also.

*


Hi John,

Thanks for the comment. It's been a great year - way beyond expectation really, but the recent run helps keep things in perspective and shows that you shouldn't get carried away one way or the other.

I've commented elsewhere on Isiris. Will be interesting to see how he reacts over the next few weeks. A winner today to stop the rot, but a lot of damage to be undone.

I've only got three weeks to go now this year and so I'm not making any more changes until I come back in February, but I will be looking at a few other services while I work out exactly how I'm going to play things next year.

Best of luck to you and hope things change for the better in December !

*

Hi Mick,

You can take any profit claims from The Form Guru with a large pinch of salt !

Saying that, the service is profitable and Chris is a very good tipster.

I've been following the tips since May 5th and I have them showing a profit of 210 points since then to their advised stakes and prices.

That's the issue though. You can't get the prices quoted. They're often only available with "Bookmakers" such as Sportingbet, VC Bet or Skybet, or sometimes they're not there.

I've missed a couple of winners lately at decent prices, but also plenty of losers when I had a week off in the summer and I'm showing about 148 points profits, after accounting for switching from £25 to £50 per point a couple of months ago (I'm just over £4000 in front).

For £35 per month I'm more than happy with that, there's numerous tips on any given day - but I like that and it works very well as part of a portfolio such as mine.

The service just lets itself down with it's dubious claims and customer service as has been mentioned on here before.

*

Hi Jamie, can't really argue with any of that, but have to keep playing the long game and trust that things will turn around.

*

Hi JB,

I've tried scalping the Betfair markets a couple of years ago when I first started this, but it didn't suit me - I found it very difficult and once the betting started to pay off I quickly moved away from it.

However, I do plan to start using Betfair in the manner you outline.

It's quite funny to watch these massive over-reactions as the lemmings scramble to get on at any price they can, with all concept of value going out of the window.

I saw the SLH one on Friday advised at a minimum price of 10/1, available at 14/1 - 20/1 with the bookies at that point, and people trying to back it at 8/1 on Betfair less than 5 minutes after it had been given out.

It does make getting on at advised prices very difficult, especially with the state of my accounts - most of the time the window of opportunity lasts no more than a minute as the bookies slash their prices.

Can't really blame them to be fair, why lay 10/1 when you'll lay it at 6s ?!

All part of the game I suppose, and I'll be looking to exploit it any way I can next year.

Best of luck to you.