Wednesday, 17 March 2010

1.30 Cheltenham

An 18 runner novice chase for amateur jockeys over 4 miles gets day two underway.

Happy memories of this race two years ago when it was the first of ten races on the re-scheduled card, when I was on the winner Old Benny at 25/1.

If you overlook the obvious, this looks a fiendishly difficult day - but I've got plenty of bullets to fire during the course of the afternoon and hopefully a few of them will hit their target.

OK the first race, where Mobaasher would get me off to a flying start. I'm on this ante-post at 16/1 and it's also been tipped a couple of times today.

Few other options as well, but this is wide open and I can't be anything other than hopeful of a return here.

I'm £72 down before I start as Saddlers Storm was put up as an ante post bet by Paul Jones - was advised non runner no bet at 14/1, but I could only get £14 e/w at those terms so took the bigger prices available. The horse absolutely hosed up at Navan last weekend, so it's disappointing it doesn't take it's chance here.

There will be a 10p rule 4 to the bets I placed earlier today as Synchronised was pulled out of the race this morning.



Bets Placed

Mobaasher £50 e/w @ 16/1
Saddlers Storm £25 e/w @ 20/1 £11 e/w @ 16/1 - ante post
Saddlers Storm £14 e/w @ 14/1 ante post NRNB
Mobaasher £25 e/w @ 10/1
Abbeybraney £18.75 e/w @ 8/1
Pennek £12.50 e/w @ 25/1
Abbeybraney £30 win @ 8/1
Mobaasher £30 win @ 10/1
Pennek £15 e/w @ 33/1
Noakarad De Verzee £7.50 e/w @ 33/1
Massosoit £15 e/w on Betfair
Fabalu £25 win @ 17
Tinakellylad £25 win @ 27
Pettifour £30 win @ 9.8

Total Staked £527.50


Ooh, not a good start to the day. Poker De Sivola beats Becauseicouldntsee in a driving finish with Prudenthonour in third. Mobaasher was a distant fifth, hampered by a faller down the back and never going after that. £500 loss on the first race.

5 comments:

NoseAhead said...

Hi JP,
Nice to see you get some deserved returns yesterday.
Good luck today and for the rest of the festival ;)
Anthony

Anonymous said...

whoop whoop!!
enviedenigma

Anonymous said...

great job!!
enviedenigma

JP said...

cheers Anthony. Hope you're keeping well. Best of luck for this week !

*

Nice one !

Anonymous said...

JP

glad to see you've as many bets on as me. I think I went a bit faint putting them all on earlier today.

Westberks