Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Grand National Day

Saturday 10 April


Was back to losing again on National Day. It didn't help that Don't Push It wasn't among the list of horses I bet in the big race, although it was great to be there on the day McCoy finally ended his long wait for a National winner.

Black Apalachi and State Of Play who finished second and third would have been cracking results for me - as it was I got the place money on State Of Play who was one of two from Paul Jones ante-post.

As far as following the tipsters on Saturday, I didn't manage to get any of TFG's selections on apart from the National tips which were given out the night before or ante-post. Despite missing a winner with Tataniano and a place with Duke Of Lukka, I didn't miss out on anything overall with the Saturday bets. The ante-post bet on Big Fella Thanks at 25/1 was duly landed, but without any of my cash on it, as it was given out while I was on holiday in the early part of this year.

I did back Tataniano, as it was put up as a four pointer by Tipping Legends, and JC also had Rare Bob placed on the card.

Didn't pick up SLH's message which cost me a winner when I missed the one point win on Khyber Kim at 3/1, as well as a loser at Cheptstow - Arumun. Couple of points went begging there, but made up for that by not backing Imperial Commander on Thursday.

Losers all the way otherwise with Fryboy, Nagman, SimpleBet and Packed Pockets all coming up empty, while Formbets list made an 11 point profit thanks to Tataniano and Dee Ee Williams. Again I never bet these on Saturday.

Skeeve had a bit of a nightmare - Rushden missed a penalty which would have landed a 5 point bet on over 2.5 goals, and Braintree squandered a 2-0 lead which scuppered a 4 point double, so 17 point lost on the day unfortunately.


Saturday 10 April

Portfolio Results (below)................(698)
Personal Bets / Trades....................(25)

Loss on day £723


No comments: