Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Sunday 11th

Sunday 11th April


A winning day for the portfolio thanks entirely to the efforts of Matt of Football Elite, who had three selections and three winners - Espanyol, Real Mallorca and Sampdoria all doing the business.

There wasn't much action on the horses with SLH selecting two against the field in the Market Rasen 2.30 - nothing doing as Hazy Oaks and Solway Blue both getting beat, the latter traded at 1.04.

Packed Pockets had one bet with Mawsem finished second at Southwell, another one to trade odds on in running.

Three bets from BLSC, two on the football and one on the horses but nothing doing with any of them - first time in a few days I managed to get these bets on.

No joy for Birdie Golf with their US Masters bets, although Ian Poulter was joint leader at halfway but couldn't sustain his challenge.

Formbet put up some bets on the Masters as well earlier in the week and I decided to back these as well - Anthony Kim advised each way at 40/1 was placed, while Nick Watney given out at 2 points each way at 66/1 had a great final round to finish 7th and just miss the places.

I've added the Sporting Life Betting Zone golf tips to my portfolio - doing these at £10 per point, but nothing doing from the picks on the Masters.

Picked out a couple of bets of my own on the Sunday night two balls, and I came unstuck big style. My two picks were KJ Choi at 9/4 against Tiger Woods, and I also laid Fred Couples against Hunter Mahan.

Choi was playing great, and putting beautifully and at one stage was five shots in front of Woods. I could of course have got out at a shot price, but I didn't feel I needed to with the way they were playing. Choi wobbled, but even then Woods three putted from about five feet on the 14th and it still looked good. However he eagled 15 to close the gap to one, and when he birdied the 18th, he tied Choi's score and my bet was lost.

Couples led Mahan by three after ten holes but then dropped shots at 11 and 12 and they were level. Mahan took the lead after 16 holes, but then disaster on 17 as Couples birdie, Mahan bogied and Couples was back in front. Pars for both at the last sealed my fate.



Sunday 11 April



Portfolio Results (below)...................279
Personal Bets / Trades.....................(625)

Loss on day £346


No comments: