Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Thursday 8th

Thursday 8 April


First day at Aintree, and the meeting didn't get off to a great start with winners in short supply.

By far the best result of the day was Chaninbar, advised as a half point each way bet at 28/1 by Tipping Legends. Being at the track meant putting all the bets on via Betfair - managed just over 25/1 for the win, but less than 5/1 for the place. This meant I finished the day level on the TL bets, rather than a couple of points in front.

The Form Guru had a bad day with 19 points lost, although Sanctuaire traded 1.01 in running before emptying out to nothing and finishing third, Nacarat traded at 1/5 and Majaales ran a very good race at a big price. My new staking plan for TFG meant I actually lost 24 points on his bets.

SLH put up a four point bet on Imperial Commander, who was struggling when unseating Paddy Brennan down the back. I didn't actually place this bet - had already had it advised elsewhere, and not being a fan of backing short priced horses, couldn't see the point in backing it again.

SLH is on a poor run at the minute, and I don't like all these 4 point bets. I still haven't got around to reviewing my staking on these, but will get it done as soon as I can. However mrh-beats on his My Betting Life blog has done some research of his own on this - see the link on the right.

The SLH exchnage line was better - Me Voici advised as a place lay, duly finished out of the frame.

Another winner for Fryboy on Thursday with Thaliwarru winning at 11/2 (adv), no joy for Nagman or Simplebet, while Packed Pockets were also on a loser with Pigeon Island but I never got the bet so dodged one there.

Formbet sent out a list of highlighted horses at the top of his e-mail as he did at Cheltenham, but with so much action already I decided to pass - nothing doing really with a loss of just under a point.


Thursday 8 April

Portfolio Results (below)....................(793)
Personal Bets / Trades........................157

Loss on day £636



No comments: