Sunday, 4 April 2010

Weekend Round-Up

Despite a rare winning day on Saturday, a poor day on Sunday meant another losing weekend.

A good day on Saturday for the portfolio thanks to a a couple of winners for The Form Guru, as well as a place, and a winner for Football Elite with Catania.

Skeeve's non league weekend bets started well with a couple of winners from three games on Friday, but both Saturday bets lost so it was a losing weekend here - didn't help myself though as in my haste to get the bets on I didn't pay enough attention to the advised stakes and had £100 on each, meaning I had £25 too much on a loser, and £25 too little on a winner !

I still get the Winabob newsletters even though I've not been following the bets for a few weeks now. The "home zone" bets have been going well, so I decided to have a go and combine the selections in 5 doubles - unfortunately came up empty on these. Should have just stuck with my original plan for Saturday which was to back Swindon !


Sunday was a poor day though - very frustrating for Football Elite with three 1-1 draws from three bets, Birmingham was advised as draw no bet so at least the stake was returned on that one, but an 88th minute equaliser for Real Mallorca at Almeria meant a £500 swing against me. The loss was compounded when Auxerre could only manage a draw at home to PSG - the first time this season they've failed to win after scoring first.

The only winner on the racing was from Olympian for The Form Guru. I've made a change to the way I'm staking these as from today. All bets will be staked either 2pts win or 1pt e/w - looking at the results for the last year, my returns would have improved significantly. Not today though - my new approach cost me £120 !

That's the first of a number of changes I'm looking to make over the next couple of weeks - more to follow later.

Tipping Legends played in the Musselburgh 3.50 with the main bet on Highland Legacy with a point on Bogside Theatre effectively a saver - not to be though as they finished 4th and 3rd respectively.

The Formbet picks have struggled since I signed up for this service - the ratings themselves do well most days, but the highlighted bets have not performed so far. Again this is something to look at so I can get the best out of these.

Finally, nothing doing with the golf this weekend as neither Adam Scott or Stuart Appleby reached the frame in Houston Open.



Saturday 3 April

Portfolio Results (below)..................616
Personal Bets / Trades....................(300)

Profit on day £316





Sunday 4 April

Porfolio Results (below)...............(775)
Personal Bets / Trades..................(81)

Loss on day £856


No comments: